More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by SilverSpectre006 SilverSpectre006

What does Xitlaly do?

Invite her home

Ah what the heck! What's the harm in doing some good for a change?

"You know, if you are in need of a place to stay I can perhaps assist with that."

Reta looked up in surprise, unsure of how to respond to such a request. The reaction almost made the doll giggle, she looked like a little girl who was offered a cookie from a stranger.

"Oh uh, oh my. You are too kind for a stranger miss but... I fear that perhaps your soft heart may be misplaced here. I do not think it is best that I accept your offer..."

This time it was Xitlaly's turn to be shocked, not too much visually but mentally moreso. She just offered her a bed under a roof and for free, and this woman turned her down? She wasn't insulted whatsoever, mainly just puzzled. "May I ask as why?"

The light illuminated onto Xitlaly slowly disappeared, dissolving away behind the clouds on its path ahead of the full moon. Reta sighed and stepped out from the alley, calmly approaching her. "I suppose I may accept, but if it is not abrupt I would like to go now if that is fine. Do you live nearby?" She nods, now having formed a soft smile. Perhaps she wasn't strange or weird but just shy and timid, it isn't everyday to be offered a place to stay by someone you don't know.

It only seemed to be the right thing to do, Seline would say.


Moments later, both women had arrived at Xitlaly's front porch. A thought had just crossed her mind, perhaps Seline was still staying here, maybe even overnight? Would be quite the surprise for her. She turned to look back at Reta, noticing she continuously glanced upward in a nervous look before walking forward.

"Is this your house?"

Xitlaly nodded, opening the front door for them to pass through. "Seline? You still in there?" Reta gave her a puzzled look before she closed the door and shrugged. "Seline is my closest friend, she was resting here for the day while I took over the shop for her."

"I wasn't aware you two owned a shop. What do you sell?"

"Oh, it's Seline's shop not mine. I just help out when she is busy, and she sells clothes and jewelry alongside souvenirs. Nothing fancy, though speaking of clothes you may need a fresh pair." Xitlaly commented, pointing at her torn and stained dress.

Reta chuckled at the remark and sat down at the living room sofa, making herself confortable. "Yes, I agree with you there. Seline sounds like a nice woman, would I get to meet her?"

She nodded. "She is a wonderful woman, the best! Though I am unsure, I'll go check upstairs to see if... oh, nevermind." She paused, staring at the kitchen table. There was a note left behind on it.

Hey Laly, thanks for the fun and taking over. Didn't want to overstay my welcome though so I went back home tonight. Be seeing you in the morning for some breakfast! -Seline

Darn it.

"What is it, she chose not to stay?"

She nodded. "Afraid so, perhaps tomorrow if you stay a while you can meet her. Or are you in a hurry somewhere?"

Reta shook her head. "No, not really. To be honest I don't have a home to go back to, or a destination in mind."

The doll looked puzzled, sitting down next to the stranger and looking up at her slanted brown eyes. "Since we are alone here, may I ask something? You are not a beggar as I originally presumed, and with no house or destination in mind I am left to believe you are a lone traveler. Am I correct?"

She smiled and nodded. "From a certain point of view, I would say yes."

"Hmm, I see. Sorry just, curiosity is all. You are a mess right now, I can spare some clothes while you clean yourself upstairs."

"Oh?," Reta raised her eye as Xitlaly got up. "I'll be given a bath now? You spoil a stranger with such kindness miss."

"It's Xitlaly, not miss. And yes, I do." It is what Seline would do after all.

She led her towards the bath upstairs, shutting the door partially and going to grab some spare clothes for her from her room. Hmm, a dress would look nice but a simple shirt and skirt would suffice. A yawn overcame her, stretching her wooden arms a bit and opening the window near her bed.

She could hear the water splashing around a bit as Reta entered the tub and a perverted thought passed through the doll. She needed to give her some clothes, why not sneak in a peek to see what Reta is working with?

Well, an act of kindness should be its own reward but this is a cute alternative. It's wrong but still an option. Or she could just lay the clothes in front of the door and be on her way, that would be the right thing to do.

Hmmmm...

Does she take a look or keep her privacy?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)