More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by D0Wh4tever D0Wh4tever

'When' are we?

Intermediate Stages - Treatment Available

At this point in time, the existence of the HOST-Disease has become common knowledge. Although there's no cure for it yet, nobody can fully be rid of the disease once they've caught it, there are options available for treatment, for the physical manifestations of HOST-D to temporarily go away. Its treatment is done through the use of hormone shots, through which the balance of estrogen and testosteron in the human body, female or male, can be recovered again. The physical changes are reversed by injecting hormone shots directly into the bloodstream. Over time, the disease will cause this process to reverse again, leading once again to the same physical changes that patients wanted to be rid of in the first place.

This form of treatment is not ideal for many patients. Applying hormone shots to reverse the effects of the HOST-Disease will cause them to experience the same sensations during the changes as they had the first time; pleasure by Sex, soreness by Shape, and pain by Structure. Everytime the changes reverse, or the hormone shots need to be reapplied, these sensations will be the same. The amound of treatment available is limited, and costs can be high as a consequence.

The disease's rise in popularity has developed a bias among the populace. Safe sex is promoted more often, and Sex Ed or Biology classes become more important for youth in schools. HOST-D is considered an aggressive disease, causing more trouble than it's worth, especially for the people living with it. The bias against the disease is fueled more by people carrying the disease, Hosts, who deliberately infect others to use against them as , for example through sex. Through treatment, these patients' conditions can temporarily remain hidden for whoever falls victim to these acts.

People living with HOST-D, in this stage of the illness' spread, typically keep their conditions, their physical changes, hidden from the public, in fear of the reaction of the people around them. Others can be victims of , and will do anything to keep their condition a secret from the public.

Despite all this, there are also safe-havens for people with HOST-D. The growing population of Hosts give cause for forming communities with sufferers of the same disease. These communities can come together for different reasons, ranging from group therapy to organizing sex orgies. It all depends on the character to determine where eventually they'll land.

Where are we?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)