More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Captbananabread Captbananabread

Where do you wake up?

In a bed

Consciousness returns slowly to you, eyes blinking away the lethargic feeling in your head. You appear to be sleeping in a double bed which is very comfortable, the room is a bedroom you would see in normal village with wooden walls and clothes scattered about, not what you imagined you would first see in the demon realm. It appears the room belongs to a man, it is then, when you are taking stock of your surroundings, the smell of meat registers in your nose. Having treked to the outskirts of the king's land with nothing but measly bread and jumped through a portal, you are starving. Standing up from the bed you still have a tunic and leather trousers on however your armour is nowhere to be seen, maybe the person cooking knows where it is and the location of your companions if they are not here.

Leaving the room you head into a hallway that still does not portray that it's in the demon realm. A room on the left seems to be the origin of the smell guiding you to the food. You cautiously open the door and are greeted with a wooden dining table with four chairs and next to the oven in the kitchen joined to this room, a human looking man.

“Oh good you are awake I was starting to worry, not many humans would jump through a portal, let alone be sane when they arrived,” the man turned and greeted you. It is then you see all his features. He is about six feet which is taller than you at five feet six. He has dark short hair with a groomed short beard, his face is very handsome and gives a friendly presence about him. His irises however are red showing he is no mortal man. “Please, sit, you will have many questions but first you must eat.”

Coming behind you he pulls a chair back and allows you to sit. Having but to continue with his hospitality you sit down, he may know where your knight’s are. He sits opposite to you on the table and puts what appears to be steak in front of you. You dig in without a second of regret, your hunger making you weak. After five minutes of you eating steak, potatoes and drinking milk you thank him, he has been nothing but a gentleman so far.

“My name is Robert, would you mind explaining how you ended up through a portal madame’” he asked with a soothing voice.

“I am Knight Gwen. I, Knight Crawford and Knight Alice were investigating demon attacks when we came across the portal. After being flanked by giants we all ended up going through the portal to escape. Are my companions here, do you know where they are?” You question Robert hoping he gives an answer.

“I'm afraid I only found you on the road outside the village, but I can give you directions to places they could have ended up in.To the North there is the City of Verstone, the West is the Great Swamp, East is the Lord of this land's keep and in the south the Mountain King's domain.”

“I am indebted to you Robert, but can I be so rude as to ask what you are exactly, demons don't have the reputation of being friendly,” you question him

“Haha, I guess you are confused about what the demon realm really is. I was human but choose to come here to escape threats to my life. Many inhabitants of this land are humans that have chosen to be here or been summoned. The longer you stay here or perform more depraved and corrupted actions, the more you become like a demon, losing your humanity. Of course there is the pure demons that reside here as well,” Robert informs you. He has been of most help. But now a decision to make. Head north, east, south, west or go to the tavern in this town to find your friends and escape this realm before you are tainted by it. Or stay with Robert some more to recuperate and give a personal thank you. He is handsome and has been polite with great manners, you have noticed him stare at your cleavage while you were eating making you a bit aroused by the attention.

Where to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)