More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Reddeadfan93 Reddeadfan93

Where do we find Captain Kidd?

In Nassau

Mary Read had spent most of her life disguised as a man, her mother had encouraged it saying it would open more doors for her than as a woman. Of course her mother had probably hoped her daughter would try and make and decent life for herself not spend her time fighing killing and stealing as one of the most infamous pirates of the West Indies.

To the world around her Mary Read was James Kidd the bastard offspring of the notorious pirate William Kidd. Like his father had done James sailed under the black flag, it made sense that the son of a notorious pirate would become one as well. But James Kidd was nothing like his father, unlike those around him he was quiet and soft spoken. James Kidd didn't get drunk every other day, and he seemed to enjoy his own company over the women of Nassau.

Mary would of course love to get drunk and enjoy the lifestyle that her compatriots risked life and limb to protect, but she couldn't. It would only take one drunken mistake, one minor incident and her cover would be undone. And all things considered Mary actually quite liked being James Kidd, he was useful. Being able to swap between Mary and James at a moments notice had its benefits, if James attracted any trouble it only took a minor adjustment to her hair and clothes for him to dissappear until it was safe.

That said being James also had its problems, today being a perfect example. It was mid July and it felt like the world was melting. Mary had been in the West Indies long enough that the heat didn't bother her anymore but today was an exception. Everyone around her was dressed appropriatly that is to say barely dressed at all. Then there was Mary wearing the same long heavy coat that had become her default James Kidd outfit. With the day only getting warmer Mary decided that perhaps today she might take a risk.

On the other side of Nassau far enough away from any buildings was a small beach that was usually deserted. It had a small waterfall that came from a stream in the denser parts of the island. Deciding it would be a perfect place to cool down Mary made her way over there. With 3 days of sweat and sand caking her body Mary figured it would be a good idea to wash under the waterfall while there.

What happens to Mary

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)