More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 24 by TheFallacyGuy TheFallacyGuy

What needs to happen now?

House Rules 2: Energetic Hullabaloo

"Okay." you say releasing the girls: "We need to talk about what all of this means for us going forward."
"Way to bring down the mood." Ollie teases.
"Ollie!" Vanessa interjects: "Be nice to my girlfriend."
"Hey, she's my girlfriend too."
"Yeah, be nice to your girlfriend then."
Oh wow, that sounds surreal in your mind. It's kind of hard to get a grip on this situation. It's like a wet dream, but you are awake. At least you think you are. You've read that you can't read clock interfaces while dreaming, so you check the alarm clock on the bedside table just to be certain. It says 11:42 clear as day. This ain't a dream, Asta. Well, shit. This is actually happening, huh? Two weeks ago, you were all alone. Now you have two girlfriends.
Was this going too fast? You're pretty sure that your brain hasn't really caught up with your reality. This fortnight has had more going for it then the entirety of the year that preceded it. Is it fate? Or is it adrenaline? Is these doubts you are having due to guilt? Or due to logical apprehension? Is it wrong? Is it even legal? Do you deserve it?
You take a glance at the two perfect beings lying on your bed. You suddenly feel old and dirty.

You've been here before, haven't you?

Many times in fact.

You feel like cutting your heart open, and pouring out all of your insecurities for your girls, but something stops you. You feel like you've done this so many times before. Olivia and Vanessa already know all of this. If they can't fix it, then who can?

"A penny for your thoughts, my love?" Vanessa jolts you back to reality.
"I uh...." you stammer.
"It looks like you're back in the darkness. Are you alright, honey?" Olivia asks worriedly.
'My love'. 'Honey'. It sounds wrong. It sounds crummy, almost vulgar.

"Do you guys ever feel like we've known each other for a lifetime?"

It's definitely something you've caught yourself thinking before.

"Holy shit." Olivia speaks up: "I thought I was the only one."
"I've been thinking it as well." Vanessa adds thoughtfully: "Everything about the time we've spend here, seems to have had a sort of... I dunno... natural familiarity to it."
"Yeah, like it was meant to be." Olivia concludes.

"And you don't think it's moving too fast for us?" you ask deep in thought.
"Are you having second thoughts, Asta?" Vanessa asks with a subtle worry hidden in her delicate voice.
"It's just..." you sigh: "We are three people who each have been through a less than normal transition from teenager to adult. The love we've developed has been under circumstances, and with how little time we've been with each other, is it not reasonable to assume that we are in a state of heightened emotional need? I'm just so scared that once the infatuation stage has passed there is nothing left to see in me."

"Jesus fucking Christ... you worry too much."
That was a very Olivia thing to say, which made it no surprise that she said it.
"You really do worry too fucking much." Vanessa agrees. Ollie you expect, but Vee dropping an f-bomb takes you by surprise.
"As I see it," Olivia thinks out loud: "there are two options. You go through with it, or you don't. If you go through with it, you can either find a happy ever after in loving Vee and I, or if the worst comes to the worst, we can break it off, still be friends, still be sisters.
Alternatively we can call this off, and you will have to endlessly wonder what could have happened."
Olivia has never been one for mincing words.
Vanessa tries to soften it a bit: "I don't know about you, but I would hate seeing you going through the latter. As harsh as it sounds, if we do break up after trying, we can all support each other, but if you don't go through with it, there's not a lot we can do to help you."
What they're saying is true.
"We can take it slow, sweetie. No problem." Olivia chimes in encouragingly.
"Yeah, you don't have to worry Astrid. We will work really hard to make this work. Even if it means to leave you alone from time to time."
"Leaving you alone will be hard to pull off though, so you better reward us."
"That sounds sleazy, Ollie."
"I also take PayPal."
Vanessa jolts an elbow into the side of Ollie. You all giggle a bit.
"Well," you finally reply: "how could I ever be in doubt when you two tag-team all of my worries like that."

With your insecurities held at bay for the time being you decide to talk about how things are gonna go down.

"How about we think of a rule each and then go from there?" you suggest.
"Alright." they reply.

You each spend time thinking of a rule. Vanessa is the first to have one.
"I think in retrospect of what has just happened here, we need to have a rule that gives each other space, when we need to."
"Agreed." you reply.
"Yeah, sometimes you need some alone time." Olivia adds.
"I think in light of that rule I would propose that we should all seek out some sort of meaningful hobby or something that makes us all have something to do outside of our relationship." you propose.
"You're not just running from the duty of being a double girlfriend, are you?" Vanessa teases.
"I just think it would be healthy for us all that we can obsess over something other than each other. Getting out of the house every once in a while clears our heads, it minimizes burnout."
"Plus, it makes getting home to your lover, something to look forward to, instead of just being a constant reality." Olivia interjects.
"Exactly, we need palette cleansers." you add.
"Yeah, I can see that." Vanessa agrees after having mulled it over.
Now it's just Ollie.
"Aurgh, I have two really good ones." she says annoyed.
"Well, can just have another round." you suggest: "You okay with that Vee?"
"Yeah, I actually have another one I would like to suggest as well."

"Well," Olivia starts: "My first one is that Vee and I needs to share you equally. No special treatment."
"Makes sense." Vanessa shrugs.
"Yeah, it does," you agree: "as long as it doesn't become a super finicky thing. We don't need timetables, do we?"
"No, no, I was just thinking that if you try to be there for the both us to the best of your ability, Vee and I would try to be laissez-faire about it."
"Yeah," Vee adds: "micromanagement would also make it harder for either Ollie or I if we were to be in a rough spot in our lives. I would give up some of my Asta-time if it meant having Ollie getting through a tough time in her life."
"Ditto." Ollie beams.

"My second rule would be... uhmm..." Olivia blushes. This is going to be something lewd, isn't it?
"I... uhh..." she continues to stammer: "I wanna be able to walk around the apartment naked."
You feel a heat rising in your chest.
"You dirty girl!" Vanessa teases.
"It's just," Ollie argues: "Vee and I are sister who have been through a lot together. We won't be showing something the other haven't seen right?"
"Riiiiiiight." Vee answer stretching the word in a sarcastic manner.
"And we're most likely gonna be naked around Asta a whole lot, right?"
Your cheeks are redder than the rump of an alpha mandrill.
"I-I-I guess." you stutter.
"So, if I wanted to walk around naked, or sleep naked, or something, there wouldn't really be a problem in that, right?"
While it feels wrong, neither you or Vee have any real reason to not grant Ollie her request.

"Speaking of being exposed...." Vee starts. Oh no, not her too.
"I was thinking we could make a rule that stops us from having secrets... or like bottled up emotions from each other." Oh, phew.
"Well, I think there are a couple of things I would like to between me and Astrid." Ollie argues.
"Yeah, me too, but I'm not talking about things like that." Vee counters: "I'm talking about what Astrid was going through ten minutes ago. She bottled up her feeling instead of talking about. We kind of had to prod her for information. She's not alone though. We've all done it. If we're going to upgrade our relationship to this degree, we need to show each other the trust that such a relationship requires."
"Yeah, okay." Ollie nods.
You are very confident that this rule is going to be the hardest for you to handle, but you agree with the sentiment.

"Okay, sugartits!" Ollie grins as she points at you with fingerguns: "The final rule. Tell us!"

You contemplate the rules that has already been agreed upon.

Ollie:

1: Try to create an equal share.

2: No nudity taboo

Vee:

3: Give each other space when we need it.

4: No bottling up of damaging emotions.

You:

5: We all need to find some purpose other than each other.

6: ???

What is your final rule?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)