More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Pick Your House

House Blackmont's Heir, Talon Blackmont

With hair as black as ink, a stocky build, deep blue eyes, and a scruffy beard, Talon Blackmont was the spitting image of his father Gregor. The firstborn of four, Talon had two brothers and a sister all of whom were raised the same way, for battle. Talon had proved his worth not only as a skilled warrior but also as a talented commander, making for a fine heir. This thought, however, had not crossed Talon's mind, the young man knew his father's strength and could see that he had many years left to live. So when his father executed the king of Reness and declared war on the kingdom, Talon prepared to ride in the vanguard with his father as many times before.

The war was sure to be a quick one, Reness's forces were weak, their warriors meek in comparison to their own. Yet, the day Alto came face to face with the forces of Reness and Falcone standing as one, Talon found his confidence finally shaken, he attempted to convince his father that staying out of the vanguard would be a better strategy. King Gregor scoffed at his eldest son and reminded him that House Blackmont knew no fear, that they were meant for battle and the vanguard would always be their place on the field.

The battle soon commenced and the armies clashed, hundreds of men were slaughtered in an instant, and more soon followed. Talon stayed close to his father and brothers, slicing through their enemies trying to break through their ranks and split the forces up. Their men's abilities far outmatched their foes, but the numbers were not on their side for once. Then Talon heard his younger brother Gryff scream, he turned to see a sword plunged into his stomach, and him falling to his knees. Talon quickly fought his way to his brother's side, killing the would-be murderer mere moments before he took Gryff's head. Talon reached down and lifted his brother up, slowly pulling him back towards safety. Then came the roar of his father, Gregor was surrounded, he swung his greatsword slicing through nearly half a dozen more men before a spear finally found it's marked in the grizzled leader's ribs.

Talon could only utter out the word, "Father," before he saw his kin overwhelmed. Swords and spears dug into the man, piercing his armor and soiling the ground with his blood. In the end, King Gregor fell as quickly as all other men on the field that day and Talon found himself now in control. The horn for the retreat was sounded that day, a near unheard of noise for the Alto forces and what followed was more shocking a white peace.

Talon needed to bury his father, have his brother heal, and most importantly, save his armies to protect their kingdom, as Talon was sure that Alto would find themselves with more enemies than ever before.

What Is Talon's First Act?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)