More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Corruptor Corruptor

You are an innocent, unknowingly hailing from the same country as a newborn demon. Who are you?

Holly Spencer, 19

You've lived your whole life in the same boring place. Ravenport, Pennsylvania was not nearly as exciting as the name might suggest. There weren't any ravens nor was it a port. At one point, early in the town's construction, ravens were prevalent, and the town hoped to gain access to the Erie canal, but when the money dried up, so did canal plans. Of course the town's history was something you heard quite often; in fact, you were learning about it right now, even though, as a high school senior, you'd heard the same old story eleven years straight.

Mrs. Brooks, your seventh period History teacher had just begun droning on about Founder's Hall. "After all, it's 'Founder Appreciation Day'," you mocked Mrs. Brooks under your breath. Ugh, that old hag belongs in the textbook more than this dry story. It doesn't help that Mrs. Brooks may or may not be asleep; it was always impossible to tell with her monotone droning. You usually pay attention in class and try to be a good student, but these Founder Days are just too repetitive. You like history when it is at its best: the "what-if?"s, the fall of empires, the drama. You've always loved the drama. So instead of listening to the crone retell the town's gripping tale of overcoming the adversity of taxes, you daydreamed about more interesting things.

"Miss Spencer!"

Shit...

"Um, oh, sorry, ahem, the canal was intended to bring income through trade to help our town pay off construction debt." You always were good at active daydreaming

"Hmm, yes. Well the fishing industry always fascinated..."

When the dismissal bell finally rang, you couldn't have been out faster. On the bus ride home, you texted your best friend Alice, an energetic half-Asian girl with expressive brown eyes and curly black hair. This starkly contrasted your bright blue eyes and wavy blonde hair. You both knew you were attractive, each of you with moderate busts and athletic legs, but in a small town, the choices for a boyfriend are too limited. The two usually hang out after school to do your homework and watch TV, not necessarily in that order.

She had just asked you if you wanted to meet at your house or hers when the bus horn blared.

What's the trouble?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)