More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HolidayLocke HolidayLocke

Who (and what) are you?

Holiday, Male Mouse Beastkin

One of the quills from his down pillow had evidently managed to pierce through its casing, and try as he might to simply ignore it and go back to sleep, the feeling of something sharp scratching away at the back of his head made it difficult. “Please... just five more minutes...” he murmured softly, plush lips barely moving as he closed his eyes tighter, raising one hand to reach back behind his head to the pillow to remove the obtrusive object only to find... well, certainly not a feather.

In fact, there was no pillow either, just an abundance of slightly soft, crisped things that felt like... leaves? And was that a twig? The young man opened his eyes, still encumbered by fatigue, but now possessed with a form of curiosity and thinly veiled concern. This feeling only grew as his amber eyes opened not into a ceiling, but to a lush canopy of trees, fragments of an azure blue sky visible beyond. That wasn’t right, he didn’t remember falling asleep outside... although, now that he tried to consider his position, he couldn’t actually remember much of anything... except that he certainly hadn’t fallen asleep in a place like this.

Sitting up and turning, he found the source of the discomfort which had woken him: an errant twig sticking up from the pile of leaves he’d been using as a pillow. But the speed at which he sat up also revealed something else, the slight breeze created by his movement brisk against his fur, prompting him to look down and realize that other than a pair of simple underpants, he was completely naked.

Fortunately, whatever forest this was, it was temperate enough that his state of undress kept him from being too cold, but that did not mean that he wasn’t uncomfortable. A blush rushed to his pale cheeks as his eyes darted around his immediate surroundings, his arms crossing over his slender body in an attempt to hide his almost-nude figure from any who might be able to see it, but he couldn’t find anyone also around him. It was quiet, and aside from some small sounds like birdsong, he couldn’t detect anything else around but the plants and the trees.

Slowly, the mouse climbed to his feet, his long tail twitching nervously around him. Oddly, he didn’t feel too afraid... after all, despite his circumstances and lack of memory, he felt fine. Better than fine actually, he felt amazing. Other than the scratch from the twig, he didn’t have any bruises or scrapes, meaning he hadn’t been attacked, and he actually felt limber and well rested... meaning, however he got here and in this state of dress... he must have done it intentionally right? He took one deep breath, closing his eyes as he tried to assure himself that everything was fine. He was probably just disorientated... his memory would come back soon enough... hopefully.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)