More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by takacube takacube

What was it that she found?

His wife's I.D. (Alternative)

"It's mom's old I.D." Sarah handed the wallet to Arron who looked at the smiling face of his beloved looking back at him. "I was digging through the boxes and found her purse downstairs. I guess we forgot to get rid of it..."

He smiled gingerly as he gave his daughter a hug and patted her on the back, letting her just hold onto him for a bit. "I know...I couldn't get rid of it. Not after all of that suddenly being dumped on us."

Sarah wiped a tear from her eye before she tried to smile for her father. "Look, I never got to thank you...it was hard to up and move to a new place after so long back there."

Arron shook his head. "Don't be...without your mom, it wasn't really more than a house of bad memories and even worse air." He took a deep breath for emphasis. "This town's a bit larger than our last one, closer to the lake and there's a college not too far from here. If you get the urge to go back, it isn't too far." He pulled out some things from the boxes and placed them on the desk. "I think I saw a shopping center back down the highway a bit. Want to go out and grab some stuff?"

Sarah shook her head. "Nah, I'm beat."

He laughed and merely nodded his head. "Sure, we've been pushing it hard the past week. Why don't you take it easy here and I'll go pick up stuff for dinner? Shouldn't be too long."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)