More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by RunzaRex RunzaRex

who discovers she has AGS?

Her first client Chad

Chad watched as the door to Uptown Fitness and Yoga opened and Ellie Bagatelli entered. The statuesque blonde was looking especially fetching, sporting a tight blue workout top and orange shorts.

Ellie waved to Chad and hurried over, greeting her client with an apology.

“I’m so sorry I’m late to this session,” she said. “I got distracted this morning, so I’m running late.”

Chad nodded. Through the first couple sessions of the new year Chad hadn’t felt any chemistry with his trainer, and he actually felt Ellie didn’t particularly care for him with as little as she had engaged, so he saw this as an opening to try to break the ice a little bit.

“Well I think I should be refunded for this session,” Chad said cheerfully, even smiling afterwards, obviously playing up the remark.

Ellie frowned. She hadn’t expected him to ask for a refund. She had just started individual sessions at this gym recently in an effort to make a little more money and now she might have to give some back.

“Er, well I’d have to check with the gym and see,” she stammered.

Chad’s eyes widened. His attempt had failed. He went for damage control.

“Oh, no it was a joke. It’s perfectly fine. Let’s just get started.”

Ellie bubbled at the news.

“Ah, oh, silly me. I guess I’ll believe anything. OK. Well if you’re ready lets get some stretching in before we do some lifting.”

The two began going through the normal Wednesday routine that Ellie had set just a few weeks back. Chad began stretching and getting loose for the condensed workout, as she consulted her notes about where to take the training today.

The insurance salesman was still sort of baffled. Maybe this girl just didn’t have conversation skills. Chad had gone out of his way not to be flirtatious, but he was naturally a conversationalist, something you’ve got to have in sales. The last few weeks had been rough as she more or less ignored his attempts to chat or gave short answers. Chad had also felt Ellie cool whenever they went through his diet charting.

Still even if Ellie lacked social skills the girl should’ve been able to recognize an obvious joke. No one was that literal.

Chad reached for both toes while seated to stretch his legs. The large man struggled to touch his toes, as his impressive stomach girth impeded his ability to lower his chest and extend his arms. He looked over at Ellie and thought he caught a disgusted glare before she turned back to her sheet.

Pretty much confirms it, Chad thought. The look felt familiar to the one his ex-wife had gave him when the two sat across from each other in conference room, each with a respective lawyer, haggling over the remaining assets.

Mandy had asked for the divorce. She even cited lack of attraction as one of the reasons. Chad had let himself go since college, sure, but did she have to list it? That’s just cold.

After a year of feeling sorry for himself, Chad had really tipped the scales and vowed to get things turned around. He stopped by the gym after work and signed up for several months of a personal trainer and joined the spin class.

Uptown Fitness appealed to him because of the location, just a short walk from his office and the gym had a locker room, so he could shower and get to work early.

Despite his appearance, Chad was a successful insurance agent, running his own small practice he had bought out from an uncle.

People generally liked Chad because he brought good rates, he wasn’t pushy and he liked working. As an independent agency, and one with minimal help, Chad spent a lot of time at the office and ate terribly. It all added up to a short three-year marriage, a big weight gain and a new gym membership.

Chad snapped out of his trance when he heard Ellie asking him to walk through his diet for the past week, and he rattled off each meal. So far he had gotten better at working in more salads, but he still had a weakness for takeout. After he finished he went for another lame joke.

“Ate like a king this week,” he said.

Ellie looked up from writing and stared blankly at her client.

“King of what? I didn’t know you were royalty,” she said earnestly.

Chad groaned. He just didn’t have the right combination with this girl.

“No, another joke,” he said.

Then a wicked thought came to him. Chad had just read in the paper earlier this week that an outbreak of AGS had hit the area and to be on the look for anyone with the symptoms. Right now Ellie was displaying some immense susceptibility to comments. It gave him an idea.

It was time to go for broke.

Does Chad get answers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)