More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by wodthehunter wodthehunter

Where does the story begin?

Her Bedroom.

I was stuck. Studying was my only talent, and it did not make me many friends. I am a 21 year old student at a local community college, and had finally been invited to one of those college parties I had heard so much about. Nobody thought to invite the quiet redheaded, glasses wearing, conservatively dressing, nerd girl. It's not that I wasn't interested, but no one seemed interested in me. My motives in life were driven by the need to be something when I got older, and all my life I had my head filled that the only way to accomplish this mission was to be studious. For my formative years I had sacrificed social gains for academic ones. I did my homework, I read my assignments, and in the end I had still not had enough money to attend more than my local community college. My parents convinced me to knock the basic courses out of the way and save some money. Less loans, more freedom later in life was their reasoning. My mind was always in the future, never on the present.

My mother was my exact opposite. She was a woman with many stories, and many friends. She never had any difficulty getting attention with good looks and an extroversion that would make anyone notice her. Even at nearly 50 she was still a looker, and she passed her genes to me. Her jeans however were not. I claimed my personality, and my conservative choice of fashion from my father who was a professor of chemistry at my college. He was a quiet man, and only spoke when words had meaning. He was my role model. It's this quality that drew my art major mother to him. He was her opposite in almost every way. While she was tall, outgoing, scatter brained, and talkative; he was short, reclusive, focused, and quiet. I may have had my mothers looks, but my fathers personality wasn't winning me a popularity contest. I also had a brother named Tom. He was his mothers son. He was tall, outgoing, and was about as popular as a senior in high school gets.

Would you like to know more?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)