More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Alibara Alibara

Want should I do?

Help Small escape

If I don't help them Tonga will be killed by Holmes and Watson and Small will be trapped in slavery. I trace Small and Tonga to a boat landing where Small has hired a launch called the Aurora. There I find a one legged man, Jonathan Small, and Tonga of the Andaman Islands. I am dressed entirely in black with a hood.

"Sherlock Holmes knows about you two. She's going to get here soon." I tell them.

"Who are you?" Small asks. "How do you know all this? Why are you helping us?"

"Caleb. I read it in a book. I sympathise with your situation. You gotta go now."

Small doesn't seem entirely convinced but he decides to heed my warning. The boat leaves before police can arrive.

After a few days, we hear reports that the police had raided the docks where the Aurora was stationed. Holmes and Watson aren't mentioned but I figure they were there. It's how it went in the story. As thanks, Small gives me a share of the treasure. £50,000.

"You sure you don't want to come with us, lad?" Small asks.

"I have someone waiting for me back home. Besides, the British authorities still know you and Tonga were the ones who did it, so you're still fugitives. They have no way of knowing about me, so I should be safe." I say.

I return home to find Victoria waiting for me.

"Caleb, where were you?" she asks.

"I might have taken advantage of my knowledge of certain books and made some money for us." I say.

"You are going to attract attention. What if someone traces you back here?"

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)