More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hematoma hematoma

The only question that remains is who will you be?

Headmistress Swift, the middle-aged instructor

You gasp at the cold air rushing all around you. You're not exactly dressed for sky diving after all. Your first task is to see that the girls have made it safely out of the plane. Sure enough, you see three other parachutes, although they are being scattered by the last gusts of the storm. And the plane...

"Oh, bother," you say as you watch the plane go crashing down towards Monster Island.

It crashes into the black forest, followed a moment later by one of the girls and her parachute. That would put her near Castle Vlad and all sorts of unwholesome horrors. To the south one of the girls has crashed down into the Primeval Jungle. Giant insects, dinosaurs and primitive cannibal tribes for her.

Off to the north in the artificial desert you saw another girl going down. The spirits of the ancients still stir there. Of course no one had the good fortune of crashing into Mystic Meadows, although such serenity also hides its share of supernatural dangers. Particularly if Smook were to awaken from his decade-long slumber.

You, on the other hand, are an accomplished parachutist, so no drifting randomly about. You direct your descent towards the domed buildings of the Paisley compound. There you can organize rescue teams to recover the girls. But wait...as you come closer and closer you see that the planes on the runway are trashed and at least one of the domes is burning. You direct yourself away from that and, too late, realize you are going to crash into the glass-topped botanical dome.

"Ahhhh!" you cry as the greenhouse glass shatters, scratching up your legs and tearing your skirt to ribbons. A branch scratches your face and tears away your spectacles. Lucky thing they're for reading.

By the time you land among the trays of various flowers you are hardly wearing more than a loincloth. You hardly look proper. At least your blouse and jacket have survived. Along with your flare pistol.

Immediately you realize that things are even stranger than you originally feared. The garden is overgrown with plants. Dense creepers and odd flowers sprout everywhere. Towards the exit you see a row of immense swaying purple flowers, each nearly as big as a person with fleshy violet petals and gently waving gray stamen topped with pink pads of pollen. Their swaying motion makes you feel sick and they have the look of poisonous flowers.

The other direction, connecting to the seed lab, the garden is so overgrown with vines that they form a sort of tunnel. You can hear creepy rustling from within this tunnel but you cannot see the source.

Wait to see what the source of the rustling is? Advance into the tunnel? Escape towards the exit?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)