More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Stage Writer Stage Writer

How does he get to school?

He takes the public bus

Kevin sat down on the bus and just looked around at the other people on the bus. Everyone was on their phones, not paying attention to anything around them. Some of their kids were running around, climbing up on seats. Starting to get bored Kevin pulled out his book and turned to his bookmark. This book was a part of a series and it was one of his favorites. It followed the adventures of Princess Gwen, who was a descendant of the only person known to have slayed a dragon, and how she tries to find and slay her own dragon. He was just at the part where Gwen was just about to try and find another guy to take to her room since she thinks that one of them is a dragon in disguise.

Kevin is just eating up every word that he sees and taking as much information as he can get. He gets so deep in the story that the world around him seems to be fading in the background. He doesn’t even notice the kids anymore, all he can hear is the voices of the characters in the book. In fact they seem to be getting louder the more that reads. In fact it almost sounds like their right in front of him. He stops reading for a second and looks toward the source of the sound. It was at this moment that Kevin noticed that he was no longer on the bus. He looked around but all he could see was darkness. He then hears the sounds again, and looks forward. He can see something, it's like a veil that is constantly shifting. He gets up and walks closer to it. He hears the sound of people, and some bright lights coming through the veil. He reaches for the veil and as he gets closer he could feel it getting warmer. Then he felt something push his shoulder. He turned around and saw nothing, but more blackness. Then he felt his shoulder pushed again. The pushing came more and more frequent and he was pushed harder and harder. The final push was so hard that he was sent backwards away from the veil. He watched it leave his sight.

Kevin jerked his head up and dropped his book. He looked around and saw that the bus was empty and that the Bus driver was standing next to his seat.

" Hey buddy, I've been trying to get your attention for a while. We're at the school, just thought I should let you know." The bus driver said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Kevin was wide eyed and was just trying to process what he just went through, " Uh, thanks."

He looked down at his book on the floor and picked it up. He looked at the cover of the book and turned it around in his hands.

" Hey!"

Kevin jerked his head to the bus driver, and saw that he had his thumb extended towards the bus door. Kevin slowly starts walking toward the door and exited the bus. The doors immediately closed behind him and the bus drove off to its next stop. Kevin was left standing there in front of the high school. He looked back at his book and just tried to push everything he had experience into the deep parts of his brain. He runs to the school and makes it just in time.

Since it's the final days of Kevin's senior year, everyone was just sitting down on their phones and talking to each other. Kevin could barley hear the people around him since all he could think about was what happened on the bus. He just couldn't shake the feeling that some part of him was trying to reach the surface. He doesn't know what's going on but he does know that it involves the book. So he gets up from his desk and goes to the library. He says hi to the Librarian and goes behind the tall stacks of books, where he finds a quiet little corner where no one can see him. He sighs and slowly takes out his book. He looks at it and starts to reconsider. He doesn't know what will happen to him when he opens it and he's scared that it could end up with him dead. He thinks for a bit and finally comes to a choice.

What does he choose?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)