More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Eugene_Oregon Eugene_Oregon

What's next?

Halloween

Miranda Cosgrove stared at her phone screen and wondered once again why she had left it so late to sort this year's Halloween costume.

It's not as if she'd forgotten. Almost every day her friends asked her what she was wearing to the Halloween party, and every day Miranda would answer: "I don't know."

"Well don't wait too long, everything will be gone soon!"

"Yeah, I'll sort something tomorrow."

xxx

It was Halloween week, and Miranda still hadn't sorted anything. Her friends kept sending through pictures of their costumes. Every message sent her heart plummeting: her outfit options were rapidly dwindling.

xxx

The day before Halloween found Miranda sitting cross-legged on her bed, frantically searching the Internet, for someone, anyone, selling Halloween costumes.

Why did no one use next day delivery?!

EARLIEST DELIVERY: NOVEMBER 1ST

"No!" Miranda wailed "I need it tomorrow!"

xxx

October 31st saw a panicking Miranda Cosgrove hurtling around every shop in town, trying to find an outfit that hadn't been bought yet.

"You know, you really shouldn't have waited this long," the elderly shop assistant chastised her.

xxx

Miranda Cosgrove lay on her back on her bed, face in her hands, when her phone buzzed beside her.

Picking it up, the actresses eyes lit up when she read the message.

COSTUME IDEA?

Yes! She knew her assistant wouldn't let her down! Rolling onto her front, Miranda eagerly opened the text ...but her heart plummeted as her joy quickly dissipated.

None of the options looked appealing. Sure, she'd be the centre of attention; but Miranda wasn't sure if she WANTED to be if she was wearing any of those outfits.

Miranda checked her watch. Far too late to try and find something else now. She'd already said she would go to the party...what sort of friend would she be if she backed out at the last minute.

Feeling heat rising up her cheeks, Miranda scrolled through her options, wondering which was the least worst option.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)