More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Character Are You? (Name, Race, Level, and Class In Chapter Title: All Else In Chapter Body...)

Grunyar Highslate; Dwarf; Fighter 7, Stalwart Defender 1

Dwarves do not measure nobility in the same way that humans do. In a race which lives for centuries having people be nobles from the hour of their birth makes less sense when it is so easy for it to go to their heads. Instead Nobles are elected from among the children of the current noble when he or she dies, and then must be periodically re-acclaimed to there position thereafter, usually about once a decade.

That's how it works among Dwarves, but humans see things differently, with their piteously short lifespans and volatile natures they see hereditary nobility as more blessing than curse, since they have so little time to learn one trade let alone two or more.

Thus it is that you, scarcely a century old but the fourth son of one of the Kings of the Under Empire of the Dwarves, were given the rank of Count by Queen Thalestris of Lore.

With the Rank comes the responsibility to search the Labyrinth of Ambuscade for the Tree of Life, and you welcome that responsibility, for your people consider that haunted dungeon a sacred place, a source of wisdom and knowledge that has only barely begun to be examined, even many thousands of years after it was discovered.

You are an adventurer by trade, with your focus being unflinching defense. Let the enemy break themselves on the rock of your resistance, you then will strike back and finish the job. This skill set has served you well, and you hope it will continue to do so.


Before we go any further we must know a few more things about you:

Are you a virgin?

Are you: single, engaged, married, 'joined', widowed, divorced, or 'Delving Together'?

What hold is your father King of and what is their chief export product?

Have you hired other Dwarves as your Men-At-Arms?

Where are you at the start of the story?

What Are Your Answers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)