More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by atapoti atapoti

What do you decide to do?

Grab the nearest pitchfork in order to defend yourself

You have to defend yourself somehow. Running or hiding will do you no good right now if the orc knows where you are. You run for the stack of pitchforks and grab the sharpest one. You ready yourself at the doorway, ready to attack any oncoming thing.

You can hear someone stomping outside the barn doors. You wait patiently for the orc to poke his face in, your heart beating so loudly you could almost hear it. It doesn't take long for your patients to be rewarded.

The orc that had spotted you stepped through the door. He was not quite aware of you waiting around the corner, too busy looking at the rest of the barn in front of him. "Where are you, lass?" the orc speaks out. Now is the time!

You lunge yourself forward, your pitchfork like a lance aimed at the beast before you. "I know I saw ya..." Before the orc could finish his sentence, your pitchfork sinks into his exposed side. All your weight and strength is behind the pitchfork. It meet some resistance from the orc's thick hide and muscle, but the newly forged tool soon pierces through the beast's natural armor.

The orc lets out a howl of pain and falls to his knees. You let go of the wooden handle in surprise, taking a few steps back. The pitchfork stays embedded deeply in the orc's side.

"You bitch! I will have your head for this!" the orc curses at you. He tries to stand on his knees, but the pitchfork must have hit an organ, giving him a bit of trouble.

You panic trying to look around and decide what to do next. You see the back door that you could have escaped from. Now is the time to go through it. You dash for the small door and try to push it open. It does not yield, held still by a rusty iron bolt. You wrap your hands around the bolt and push with all your might to try and pry it out of its position.

You glance behind you and see the orc had gotten up and started walking toward you slowly. He reaches for the pitchfork and pulls it out, letting a yell of pain escape him. But before he can even take six steps more toward you, the bolt springs free and the door opens.

You dash into the alley behind the barn. You're hidden from view between a house and the barn, but that doesn't mean the orc behind you isn't advancing toward you. You have to make a decision.

You can see the nearby forest not too far from where you are. If you dash for it, the orcs will have a hard time finding you. Likewise, the house opposite of the barn has an open window that you could easily crawl into. You will get a chance to hide and get some time to formulate some kind of plan, but the longer you stay in the village, the more likely you'll be found.

You glance behind you. The orc is halfway to you. His step is strained, but he's determined to pay you back for crippling him. Do you run for the nearby forest? Or do risk staying in the village for a few moments of thought?

Run now or gather your thoughts?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)