More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Which one should they attend?

Go to the church

“I think I want a quiet night.” Jennifer said. “I’ll go to the church thing with you.”

Kelly clapped her hands. “Yay! Don’t worry, we’ll still have fun! Plus there’s always great food there!”

“Great…” Jennifer still didn’t feel excited, but at least Kelly was happy. She fell back onto the bed and decided to take a quick nap beforehand.

***

Jennifer did not feel comfortable. She had never been a religious person growing up and being in a catholic church didn’t make her feel any better. The people were all nice enough, but she was getting a weird vibe from all of them, like they were a little too friendly. Still, Kelly was right about the food. Everything from the gumbo to the jambalaya was making Jennifer feel so full and festive. Suddenly, Kelly appeared with two plates. “Here! Have some king cake!”

“What is that?” Jennifer looked at the moist looking cake, licking her lips in anticipation.

“It’s just a traditional cake. If you find the baby Jesus figure in yours you’re in charge of making the cake next year!” Kelly explained.

“But we’re not gonna be here next year…right?” Jennifer half asked.

“Ah, the chances of that are too slim. Just have some cake!”

Jennifer paused…she wasn’t sure.

Have some cake?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)