More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Snowflower Snowflower

Where should Vivianne start?

Go find the wax museum.

One thing Vivianne really looked forward to seeing in the Haunted Mansion were the waxworks. She had already visited several wax collections, but the one situated in this hotel was said to be special, though small. Due to a new technique of production, the wax figures here were allegedly strikingly lifelike.

Miss Rossetti told Viv that the exhibition was situated in the western wing, and the information was correct. After the goth girl got lost one or two times in the long and tortuous passages of the mansion, she finally arrived at her destination.

The hotel's wax museum consisted of a large room full of extraordinarily well-made sculptures; to tell the truth, when Vivianne entered the first room, she even thought there was a group of people standing perfectly still. Then she touched one of the figures and found out they were made of wax. Brilliant!

Unlike most of the waxworks collections, this one consisted entirely of statues of fictional individuals, mostly characters from historical fiction. Miss Blanchefleur admired their beautiful antique clothing, as she was a fan of vintage gowns herself, especially if they were black and Victorian.

The fact that the room was empty gave Vivianne a fleeting idea that she could try some of the garments the wax statues were wearing; but then she realized that would mean she'd have to strip to her underwear - and that would be an unacceptable risk, considering she wasn’t even wearing a bra. Some random visitor could enter, seeing Viv in nothing but her sweet pink panties… what would he say to him? She'd surely be redder than a tomato! Vivianne laughed. Crazy, foolish idea.

Then she noticed there’s a low doorway with the sign "Chamber of Dread - enter at your own risk!" above it.

Is Vivianne curious about the chamber?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)