More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Calpis333 Calpis333

What's next?

Get to know the group

What is a halfling? (In this world)

A halfing is a small humanoid, on average about 3 feet tall, lithe in body type, and with a range of skintones and haircolors compareable to humans.

Halflings reach maturity at the age of 20 and live on average to the age of 150 years.

Most male halflings are exceptionally girlish from the viewpoint of other races, and cannot be differentiated from the usually flat chested female halflings, until you take one of them into your inn room and out of their pants.

They rarely get taken seriously by other races, but nobody should ever underestimate where the proverbial "luck of the halfings" might land these plucky rascals in life.

The Group: The members of the group grew up together in the halfling village of Miller's Rest, where they promised to each other to one day set out to adventure. They've spent their days improving in their respective fields, and once they've reached adulthood, the village elders allowed them to travel to the big city and register their group in the Adventurers Guild. Since then they have had a couple of little adventures, faced little dangers together, toasted with little beers to their little victories, and had heaps of fun in doing so.

Paladin: Paladin is the stern leader of the group, recently married, and also the eldest by a couple months. He has short, blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes, and is constantly on the lookout for temptations, that his lesser disciplined party members might fall prey to. Especially Rogue needs constant watching.

Trap Level: If he grew out his hair and wore more feminine clothes, races other than halflings would probably mistake Paladin for a girl.

Rogue: Rogue is the daring swashbuckler, who can make the halfling ladies swoon with one wink from his green eyes. He has short, black hair, pale skin, and a knack for getting away with all of his antics without every being found out.

Trap Level: Rogue gets by more on his boyish charms instead of rugged manliness. He once managed to trick Paladin into paying for his drinks all night by successfully disguising himself as a female traveler.

Wizard: Wizard is the self-proclaimed smartest halfling in the village. He has long, auburn hair tied into a bun, pale skin, and wears large glasses in front of his green eyes. He always seems to have his nose in some book or the other, when he isn't busy dishing out sharp sarcasm to his lesser educated fellows.

Trap Level: Aside from Cleric, Wizard is the most girlish of the group, and sometimes reminds the others more of a stern, female librarian, instead of a wise master of the arcane arts. Occasionally Wizard has been mistaken as female by other halflings, and the bigger races mistake him as female all the time. At some point, he even tried to grow a big ol wizard's beard, to better signal his gender, but found he wasn't able to grow even stubble. It doesn't bother him that much nowadays and he attributes it more to the ignorance of everyone else, and less to his own looks.

Druid: Druid is the sage advisor in all things nature. He has tanned skin, hazel eyes and long, black hair, into which he often weaves flowers. His tanlines tell everyone who sees him naked, that he likes to roam nature in just his short, form fitting spats, and nothing else. He prefers the companionship of animals to "so called civilization" and spends his days exploring the forest and finding new friends there.

Trap Level: Druid rarely get's mistaken for a girl, even by other races, and has more of a cute nature boy charm going on, compareable to rogue.

Fighter: Fighter is the fighter, he likes to fight and then fight some more. He has short, brown hair, tanned skin, blue eyes, and even a couple white scar marks here and there. He is always upbeat and eager to prove his skills, and doesn't shy away from any challenge.

Trap Level: Out of the entire group, fighter is the least girlish and never gets mistaken for a girl by races like halflings, elves, gnomes and humans. Only the occasional orc or dwarf sometimes call him a tomboy, or something along these lines, which is always a welcome reason for him to start a bar brawl.

Cleric: Cleric is the youngest and most timid of the group. He has long, blonde hair, tied behind his back, fair skin and mesmerizing, violet eyes. People assume it's these eyes, that made him a chosen of Sune, the goddess of beauty. He has to be saved by the rest of the group on a regular basis, and fears to be taken less seriously by them because of the fact.

Trap Level: Cleric gets mistaken for being a girl all the time and by all races, even by other halflings. But he has given up on correcting them. When asked why he wouldn't cut his hair short and wear more manly clothes, he lets out a resignated sigh and explains, that Sune likes his hair the way it is, and his gown-like clothes are the official clergy garb.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)