More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mister2814 Mister2814

Do you stay on the island or do you get off?

Get off

You’re probably losing it. Seriously, a voice that tells you that this island is magic, or something. That all of your fantasies will come true here. That’s crazy. It’s probably not true.

And in the off-chance it is, there’s got to be a price for that kind of thing, right? There’s got to be something off about this island. Maybe there’s a cult that, in order to keep the magic going, needs regular human sacrifices? Maybe the island is alive, but the only way for it to keep living is by sucking the life- out of those unfortunate enough to land on it? There are so many things that can go wrong if you stay.

This is how you rationalize it to yourself. You put on the life preserver again, and head to the boat. You get picked up and returned to shore. You kind of get your act together. You go back to school and get a teaching degree. You get a job teaching at a local middle school.

You continue to date, but nothing serious. Until your 30 years old. You meet the single mother of one of your students. One thing leads to another and you two get married 2 years later. In a few years, she gets pregnant and soon you have your own little bundle of joy.

You’re life goes on. Pretty average. Nothing extraordinary but nothing too horrible either. But your not going to lie, every now and then, you think back to the island. You never tried to find it again because you had other responsibilities. But, there’s always a little part of you that wonders, “What would have happened if I had stayed, even for just a little while?”

THE END.

Fin

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)