More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Geralt of Rivia

Geralt continued on his way to receive his reward from A merchant who had been attacked by Nekkers too close to the road. Geralt and his trusty steed Roach had just finished dealing with them, which wasn't much of a problem for someone who had gone through the mutations. Geralt dismounted his horse and walked up to the house that the man was living in. The door swung open, and the merchant greeted him, and offered him something to drink "Very kind of you, but I must be on my way. I'll collect the reward and be out of your hair. I don't think I'll be helping your reputation much by staying here for too long." Geralt aid.

"Very true, good sir. Here is the promised reward, once again, thank you very much." He said as he walked Geralt out, looking around to see if anyone was looking. This was the life that Geralt led, one of an outcast, who was only at home with others of his kind. The thing was, that there weren't many Witchers left, whether they were killed by some drowners, or a pitchfork in the back from scared peasants, the numbers of his brothers was slowly dwindling down.

The leader of his school of Witchers, Vesemir, had agreed that no more mutations will be used anymore, which meant that no new Witchers were being trained. Vesemir was willing to break that rule for Ciri, in order for them to try and control her powers, which were getting out of control at that time. 'Thankfully Triss was there to talk some sense into all of us' thought Geralt as he rode back out of the city 'we were all worried and scared, we didn't know what to do, we had never dealt with power like that before'. Triss had reminded them that by going through with the mutations and the trials, they risked killing Ciri, and even if she survived, she would be barren, unable to have a family. No one wanted that for her, and now, no one knew where she was. Geralt purposefully took contracts all over the North, hoping to hear some word of her, but he was out of luck.

Geralt could tell that the war was being felt even here in the free city of Novigrad. The humans were marginalizing and insulting the other minorities, be them Dwarfs, Elves, or other non humans. The nasty looks he was getting, told him he better leave now.

Geralt passed through the majestic gates of the free city, and as he looked back, he knew that it wasn't so free after all. The city had the largest Navy in the North, and was extremely rich to boot, one way or another it was going to be dragged in to this war. As Geralt continued on the road towards Kaer Morhen, he thought back to Novigrad, and what he had seen. When he had been there before, the Church of the Eternal Fire, had been a small cult in the city, now it had a huge temple and three military arms as well, or so he overheard with his enhanced witcher senses. It was these cultists, who were running the city behind the shadows, and turning on the non humans. Geralt knew that he would eventually have a run in with these guys, because no matter how people looked at it, Geralt never looked very human to them.

Kaer Morhen?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)