More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by adam17017 adam17017

Kaer Morhen?

Stopped along the way

Geralt was passing through the last inhabited village before the hidden pass to the Witcher's fortress, when he spotted an old woman standing along the road waving him down. Any other day, Geralt would've simply rode on, he had taken enough contracts to know when one would be lucrative or not, but for some reason he was drawn to this old woman. He stopped roach alongside the woman and jumped off the horse's back. "Oh, good witcher, I have a monster I need killing, and I'll pay you everything in this here sack." She said jingling a purse around in her palm. Geralt sighed, he was so close to Kaer Morhen, but a last contract wouldn't hurt.

"Before I accept, I'll need to know any details you have of this monster. What type, What tracks it left, how you saw it, those kind of things." Geralt said. The old woman told the story of how her husband had been lured into the forest by a creature on two legs who left hoof prints on the ground. Geralt nodded as the old woman finished her story, noting to himself that what the old woman described was most likely a succubus, not dangerous unless provoked. The likelihood was, that the succubus was only having a little fun, and its only mistake was getting caught stealing a woman's husband.

"Will you accept the contract?" The old woman asked sobbing into a handkerchief.

"I'll bring your husband back, ma'am, you have my word." Geralt said.

"Good." She said dismissively as she watched him disappear into the woods. Geralt followed the tracks that lay bare and obvious into the forest, the succubus was either not worried about being followed, or he was walking into a trap. Geralt drew his silver sword from the scabbard on his back. He could hear female laughter deeper in the woods, and the tracks led straight to where the laughter was coming from. He saw clothes strewn among the leaves at his feet making him sigh in relief as he sheathed his weapon and walked into the clearing.

"Ah, look Morton, we have another guest." The succubus said to an older man, who must've been the person he was looking for. "And a witcher to boot." She said curiously.

"Go away witcher, there are no monsters here, I love her!" The old man shouted.

"Now , now Morton. Why don't you have a little nap while the witcher and I have a little chat?" She said sweetly as the old man's eyes began to droop before he fell over and curled up to sleep.

"Cassie, I told you before, these woods aren't safe for you here any more." Geralt said speaking to his old acquaintance who he had a contract to kill a few years ago, but obviously didn't.

"I know, but I know these woods, and I know you won't believe me but he came looking for me, not the other way around." Cassie said. Geralt looked at her, she looked the same as the last time he had seen her, she had the same milky white skin, with the trade mark horns protruding from her head and the hairy goat legs that gave them away so easily. Her breasts were wrapped up in a silky piece of cloth that acted as a top of sorts for her to wear.

"His wife seemed nice enough, you're lucky she didn't ask to see your head for my reward." Geralt said in his emotionless voice.

"Geralt I can't thank you enough for saving my life all those years ago, but I need to continue seducing men if I intend to survive, you know that." Cassie said.

"I don't know what you want me to do Cassie, I can't keep dropping by to see what new trouble you're in, sooner or later, they'll hire someone that's not me, and he may not be as merciful as I am." Geralt said.

"Take me to your witcher fortress, I'm sure the boys and I can come to terms on a plan that can benefit both parties." She said.

"You're kidding me right? You want me to take you, a monster, to the keep of a bunch of monster slayers?" Geralt asked incredulously.

"First of all, not a monster. Second of all, you're not regular humans, I can't kill you even if I tried." She said.

"If we're going to do this, I don't want you putting any of us under your magic like you did what's his face here, it has to be consensual." Geralt said.

"How boring." She pouted. "Fine, I agree." She said looking at Geralt's stony expression.

"Good, now let's go collect my reward. I think it would be best if you released him from your spell, and stay here until we're ready to go." Geralt said to which she nodded her head silently. Geralt exited the forest with a confused old man leaning on his arm, he didn't seem to remember anything about Cassie to Geralt's relief. Geralt collected his purse of coins from the happy old woman.

"What had ensnared my husband?" The old woman asked.

"It seemed like a succubus was prowling these woods, but it may have left for better feeding grounds, we're lucky she left him like this and didn't kill him." Geralt said as he hopped on roach and rode up the path a bit before gesturing into the forest once they were beyond the line of sight of the old couple. Cassie walked out with her strange gait and hopped on the back of roach. Geralt wasn't looking forward to explaining why he had brought a succubus to Kaer Morhen, he already had a reputation as a womanizer among sorceresses he'd rather it didn't get any worse.

Kaer Morhen?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)