More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jizzrar Jizzrar

Which piece shall we follow?

General Geography

Figured it might be nice to make it easy to reference what the land of Aesyr looked like. That way everyone knows what everything looks like in relation to each other. However, this will not explain where cities or important locations are located. Those will either be mentioned in the lore sections for the races, or for you (the readers) to make up as you wish with the context given by the lore.

Since I am not good at drawing nor have the money to pay others to draw for me, I cannot provide a visual aid as to how Aesyr looks. Instead I will have to describe and name the lands through text only.

Below will be the descriptions of the lands, and below that will be the relative placement of their neighboring lands.

***********************************************

Sysrathum - The large island that the Northalkin Tibe-States call their home. It is seperated from the mainland by a sizeable stretch of ocean. Only the land closest to the water are not frozen and hospitable for farmlands. Thanks to this, the wildlife are not accustomed to vast amounts of plants outside of berries and nuts. This means that most the creatures on this island are carnivores. However, the Northalkin had managed to domesticate the vast majority of the creatures...give or take some they don't really bother with, or are deemed impossible to domesticate.

This is the most northern placement of land in all of Aesyr. Just north of the Saetra Island Chain.

________________________________

The Saetra Island Chain - A long string of islands that wrap the northren shore of the Aesyr mainland that house the Saetra Confederacy. These islands are mostly tropical with the ones to the north being a bit more prone to snow and ice. The average travel time between islands tend to be around a week, or so. But there are some islands that are just within eye sight of each other. The longest distance of one island to the next is a month at worst. The only threats one can expect these islands are pirates, invaders who wish harm on humans...or sea monsters. These monsters range from snoozing krakens, hungry sirens, territorial megalodons, waiting sspidochelones, and other such things.

These islands are just south of Sysrathum and north of main land Aesyr, right in between the two. However, the one taking up most of the south side is the Everlight Forest.

________________________________

Everlight Forest - A dense and widespread forest that spans for the majority of Empire territory where the Griffinwald Theocracy cover themselves with. As much as one would expect, it is nothing but dense forests as far as the eye can see, where the north tend to be a bit more swampy while the south and south-east give way to hill-plains for the mountains and plains to the desert, respectively. Mass deforestation is readily noticeable for formations of cities, towns, villages, and the odd farmland or ranches and pastures. A healthy balance of predators and prey can be found here.

The most northern lands of the mainland Aesyr. It is sandwiched between the Saetra Island Chain and the Dagger-Wall Mountains. To the south-west is the lone mountain, Rock of Hope, while the south-east has the Dune Sea.

________________________________

The Dune Seas - A vast expanse of desert that give way for the Shi'qae Sultanate. Outside of the Dagger-Wall gate, this is the only way not by sea to get into the human lands...miles upon miles of harsh, unforgiving desert. There may be some oases here and there, but being brow-beaten by the oppressive heat of days and the devastating cold of nights of a desert is unbearable. But, the Shi'qae quite like their home here. This land is where more mystical and giant land creatures make their home, making it dangerous, but the mystical Shi'qae know how to navigate it.

The Dune Seas are to the south-east of Everlight Forest and just east of the Dagger-Wall Mountains. It also dominates most of the north-eastern corner of main land Aesyr. To its south-west and south are the Steppes of Sorrow.

________________________________

The Dagger-Wall Mountains - A long mountain range that effectively makes a large wall made of pure earth, rock, and stone. It has been called the Dagger-Wall due to it's many high-peaks that come out of it that look as if they were trying to pierce the sky. A funny legend is told that Bruudalf had stabbed daggers into the base of the mountains to create the peaks. Every so often you will see bridges, old and new, built and destroyed, cropping between lower peaks. Also visible are some lights from few Dwarven surface homes, and large statues of Dwarven heroes and gods.

The Dagger-Wall Mountains lie east of The Rock of Hope, west of the Dune Seas, south of Everlight Forest, and to the north of all other lands.

________________________________

The Rock of Hope - A singular mountain that was named as such by the Dwarves, hoping to rebuild their kingdom back to its former glory...that mountain being the last goal post. However, a Dwarven archaeologist who was curious about this mountain that had little knowledge on it did an expedition. What she found was something spectacular...a race of female beings that had made crystal cacoons inside of them. The core of the mountain is fairly hollow, thus the Daeva made their entire civilization inside of it. It is technically a part of the Dagger-Wall Mountains, but there is a canyon that curves into the ocean that separates it, thus it can be considered a different mountain. There is a bridge that connects it to the rest of the mountains that also branches off to the Everlight Forest.

The Rock of Hope is south-west of the Everlight Forest and west of the Dagger-Wall Mountains. However, it is also just north of The World Tree Thal'remar and its Great Glades.

________________________________

The World Tree Thal'remar and its Great Glades - The large tree that is nearly visible from all over Aesyr and the glades that surround it, the home of the Fey Court. Forests, jungles, and swamps that shaped the land to its own needs and that seems to take a life of their own. An air of mystery and forbodance radiate from the place, driving away all but the ones foolish, ambitious, or curious enough to go into. Only those with souls of the Fey are able to come and go freely, and live inside of its trees. However, there are occassions of outsiders who aren't Fey being able to make their homes there, though these are just myths as those that go in never come back out. Even some peaceful tribes of Beastmen make their homes here.

The glades of the World Tree doinate the majority of the west ward lands of mainland Aesyr. To its north is The Rock of Hope, to its east is the Steppes of Sorrow, and to its south are The Badlands.

________________________________

Steppes of Sorrow - This land take up the majority of the central and east parts of mainland Aesyr. A wide variety of creatures make their home here, surprisingly. Despite it's cracky and near infertile lands of rocky hills, several creatures roam its vast stretches of land. It is called such because most of those exiled by the other races find their homes here. Penal colonists from the Dwarves and Humans as well as the majority of the Kor'ghal Horde make their home here. Most of the beasts that live here are carnivores and scavengers that must hunt and hoard food to survive. Very few deposits of drinkable water also add onto the difficulty of survival.

The Steppes are surrounded at all sides by other territories except to the east. To the south is The Badlands, the west is the Glades, and to its north are both the Dagger-Wall Mountains and the Dune Seas.

________________________________

The Badlands - Another vast expanse of desert, but also added with dry, cracked plains and craggy mountains. As far as anyone is concerned, there is little to no life there. No one knows why it is so desolate, but maybe only those of the Kor'ghal Horde would know anything about it...but it's doubtful they went anywhere beyond the initial desert. The few creatures that live here are nightmarish in being...giant dragons, poisonous lizards, boars the size of horses with razor sharp quills, and so on. No sane being would ever dare to traverse this hellish landscape.

The Badlands is the southern most part of main land Aesyr. To its back are a mountain range that makes it look as if the lands between it and the Dagger-Wall Mountains are in a bowl, or in the jaws of some giant monster beneath the surface.

To the world outside Aesyr...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)