More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by NeedAMedic NeedAMedic

How do the Bravos make their arrival?

Fuu gets to know Kiera along the journey

"And the wind on the hill was so tepid and stiiiiiilll~" Robin belted out the song, only mostly in tune while Skye was just doing her best to keep up with Robin's reckless tempo. Fuu smiled to herself, humming along softly as she looked around at the rest of the team.

Becky had her head buried in the small alchemical station she had requested be installed in the back of the rather spacious steam-wagon Kellissendra had supplied them with. She didn't even seem to notice that any of the rest of them were there as she mixed and experimented with various concoctions. It was impossible to say what she was doing without any experience in such things, but Fuu made a mental note to ask her about her research later. She might not understand the explanation, but it just made Becky so happy to get a chance to talk about her latest project.

Robin and Skye, of course, were busy making a ruckus with their performance and Emmaline was nearby watching with an amused smile, swaying softly to the rhythm. When Fuu's eyes finally fell on Liv, she found the other woman actually looking back at her. Liv made a small gesture toward the two 'musicians', rolling her eyes and when Fuu just smiled at her and shrugged, Liv moved toward one of the cart's windows, presumably to distract herself by 'keeping watch.'

Finally, Fuu turned to the last member of their group. Kiera was seated, straight backed right near the front of the magical and mechanical wonder that was the cart, her eyes focused on the horizon. Fuu could practically feel the tension in the other woman as she stood to walk over to her.

"Mind if I join you?" Fuu asked, and when Kiera nodded, she sat down, opposite the strange creature that replaced Kiera's arm.

"It must've been rough... Losing your company like that." Fuu said. She looked up at Kiera's stormy grey eyes, but Kiera just kept looking forward. "I honestly don't know what I would do, if... you know. If I lost any of my friends, much less, well... all of them."

Kiera swallowed, but kept her face forward as she spoke. "Mercenary work is a rough life. You expect that sort of thing."

"I know." Fuu said, "That never seemed to stop the pain though."

The two were silent for some time. Robin and Skye wrapped up their off-tune duet and bowed to Emmaline's overly goofy clapping. As Robin started strumming up yet another tune, Fuu spoke again.

"I respect you quite a lot for being able to go back to a place like this." Kiera finally turned to look at her, meeting her kind gaze with confusion. "Its just... I imagine it would bring back a lot of bad memories."

"Not at all" Kiera responded. "They were good men, mostly. But there's no sorrow in going back for ."

The creature on Kiera's shoulder shifted, and the two women fell into silence once again.

Continue:

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)