More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 11 by HenryKajitani HenryKajitani

Anna could be dangerously close to being caught. What plan does she choose?

Forget the consequences. Panic mode and run for the truck!

The short time she had been outside, Anna hadn't had the opportunity to calm her panic from before. The threat of students discovering her prompted Anna to go back into a panic.

Forget the condition of the shirt. Some of a shirt is better than none of it.

Lunging forward, Anna winced at the sound of the tearing shirt. Without any time to inspect the outcome of the frightening rip, Anna took off for the truck. She leaned her weight on the side of the vehicle and stepped up on the tire to toss herself over.

Anna lay still in the back of the truck, silent save for the her breathing. She carefully peeked at the door she had fled. A tattered strip of fabric hung from the doors. It seems that Anna had panicked for nothing as the doors remained still. Deciding she had better get going, Anna began to stand up. Before she could, the truck roared to life and lurched forward.

She landed back on the bed of the truck with no warning. The thud apparently meant nothing to the driver as whoever it was didn't even glance back. That's when Anna noticed the contents of the back of the truck. Posters, tarps, and fireworks, among other things, were scattered about. The strangest of all the items was a large, round hay bale. Picking up a poster, the items began to make much more sense. Tonight was the end of summer event. There would be food and games and fireworks later.

Dealing with the matter at hand, Anna's problem lied in the fact that the truck offered no hiding from the driver whenever they would stop, and she could not simply jump from the moving vehicle without expecting some injuries. She racked her brain for possibilities when it finally came to her.

A genius grin stretched across her face as she cautiously sat up. Wind blowing through the tear in the back of her shirt prompted a bit of discomfort, but nothing would slow her down this time. Anna grasped a handful of hay and tossed it over the side of the vehicle. One handful at a time, she removed a tube of hay from the center of the hay stack. The hole looked big enough now for Anna to climb in. It would be snug, but the hiding spot was foolproof. No one would check inside the haystack for her. Pushing her legs into the space, hay tickled her exposed legs. Pushing past her thighs, the truck abruptly came to a stop.

Here Anna was, sticking halfway out of a hay bale in the back of a maintenance truck, and the driver could find her in seconds! Anna herself the rest of the way into the bale, pulling some of the scattered hay into the opening to cover the her tiny hideout.

Now it was just a waiting game.

Where does Anna find herself when she finally leaves her hiding spot?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)