More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by johans johans

What's next?

First steps in uncharted territory

The man barking the start of the actual cruise they won, looked like a sail straight out of some fisher folks yarn. He was heavy build, had rough features and his beard made Aria wonder if hygiene standards aboard the ship would be higher for the guests than they seemed to be for the crew.

One by one every lucky winner was lead above the plank. A final identity check at the railing, the handout of some flyers and it was off to the races. When Richard and Aria reached the main deck, they took their time appreciating the view. The saw the city from the plan, they saw the panorama through the hotel suites windows, but standing on this impressively large cruiser, overlooking the town beyond the harbor and the endless sea on the horizon, while taking in a fresh breeze was something else entirely.

Now they were truly ready to sail off and get away from all the chaos that had been 2020. Richard and Aria took a moment and looked through the papers they had been handed. Besides their rooms keycards and what felt like a dozen brochures for the boats cuisine and various activities was also a schedule for this first day.

“Boarding… yada yada… optional this, optional that… yada yada… oh, this one is underlined. *The captains gala*”, Richard read out loud.

“*The captains gala*? I don’t think I have any big, fancy dresses with me. Well, maybe that red one. And you in a fine tux -hmmm- That’s a great start to any vacation, if you ask me”, she pushed an overtly dramatic smooch on his cheek.

“Oh, are we getting frisky already? I thought you’d at least wait until I had a couple of Mai Tais and couldn’t fend off your cougar claws”, he jokingly pushed her away.

“My cougar claws?! How dare you? You’re lucky we got this cruise or you might have actually had to think of a good birthday gift”, the middle-aged woman jabbed her mans chest.

“Who says I didn’t get you one anyway?”, he winked and the couple started their search for their assigned cabin.

From the outside the boat looked like a sleek yacht that some rich actors might throw their parties on, but from the inside it could have been a hedge maze. A corridor here, a flight of stairs there and … another observation deck? The little map Richard and Aria were handed was strangely correct and confusing at the same time.

When they finally found their room, the couple let out a breath of relief and thanked the gods above the crew already took care of everyone’s luggage. Keycard in hand the couple opened their door.

What awaits them in their cabin?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)