More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Daylan Daylan

What's Your Play?

FIGHT!

You are fairly certain you cannot run fast enough to escape this thing in a straight race, especially since he can obviously fly and may have other tricks up his sleeve. So something unexpected it is!

You run but instead of away from Skizt, you head for him, letting out your best attempt at a war cry you can manage. Your plan is to try and shoulder tackle your way past him, hopefully putting him off balance enough to reach the trees and find a place to hide.

Skizt is obviously caught flatfooted by your move but what happens next surprises you as well. Instead of him being slightly staggered, he is instead knocked head over heels, rolling down a slight incline and splashing into the water as he screams in shock. You blink, wondering what just happened... and then you realize, if he is an insect, maybe that means he was as light as most insects were?

It would also explain why he seems to be getting up already and looks unharmed, if still disoriented and struggling to stay upright in the current. You could easily flick a bug away, but for many their exoskeletons were tough enough that they would suffer no adverse effects. Though speaking of potential adverse effects, you remember why you knocked him down in the first place and turn to run for the treeline. Fortunately, the Deity has not recovered enough to make any move to stop you and you crash through the brush, finding a nook in an oak tree to hide in, holding your breath as you continually check your wrist to see if Denier is ready.

A minute or two passes and you hear the buzzing of Skizt's wings and him shouting, "Come out! You won't catch me by surprise again!"

The buzzing cuts off and you hear his footfalls as he walks closer. You try to cram yourself into the shadows of the nook, wanting to stay out of view as long as possible. He walks by the nook in the tree, looking in your direction and you grit your teeth, staying completely still and hoping he does not see you. Whatever spirits may be looking after you seem to smile at that moment, as Skizt does not seem to spot you, turns around and walks off to continue his search.

You let out the breath you were holding and then the jewels on your wrist flare to life. Seeing your chance, you step out of the tree, pointing your wrist at Skizt's back as you shout, "HEY!"

Turning in surprise, Skizt sees you... and the glowing Denier on your arm. "Oh no," he groans, "Not again."

"I DENY YOU!" you cry, a beam of light lancing out for Skizt's chest and when it hits, the Deity starts to fade to nothingness.

"Why does it always turn out like this?" you hear him whine, "I just want to get the girl for on--"

And then he is gone and you are alone.

One down. Nine to go.

Though now you need a path to pick next.

Where to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)