More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Robopoop Robopoop

What am I? (Character selection)

Eric Draenor (Male, Fantasy)

I concentrated the infernal energies around me to surround my inert bodily mass. The air responded as numerous souls that empowered the Hellish atmosphere started to howl in agony, the wind picking up speed. Gradually, a swirling blood red mist completely engulfed my form, violently churning and circling the protective barrier around me like a hurricane contained in a man sized ball, suspended in the middle of the slumbering chamber. After the transformation was complete, the mists burst away, dissipating, and my new form glided down gracefully to land at the bottom of the ebony chamber that was my home.

I am now Eric Draenor. A young human traveler. A wandering magical practitioner who dabbles in all sorts of esoteric arcane and alchemical arts, with some of which being more dubious than most. I now stood tall, dressed in a black traveler's cloak, crimson red tunic, dark brown trousers and simple leather boots. There was no flash in this humanoid charade save for the handsome look of a young man, with dark black hair swept to the back, rugged and lean features and sharp brown eyes. This new identity should be enough to be inconspicuous in a magical environment, with plenty of access to various opportunities that might arise in my travels. Should I have need of some minor modifications to my appearance, my powers can perform whenever I am in need of them. I would need a safe place when doing this, or I might risk being discovered. Not to say that is entirely a bad thing, if it fits my plans.

Of course, a setting appropriate to this new face had to be within a dimension where magic existed, one within the medieval era. Upon arriving at the dimensional gates at the far end of the burning brimstone hallway, I lifted my hand to casually peruse through all the available locations I could arrive from, flitting through smokey images of locations far and wide in the Dimensional Maelstrom. There was a wide selection to choose from, stark contrasts to the Hellscape of fire, sulfur, suffering and evil all around me, kingdoms far and wide with some seemingly familiar from previous visits.

Another decision to make. When I do choose an interesting place, I will have to make sure that I receive all relevant background information I need from the Registrar, via soul courier of course, to keep myself appraised of how things worked there. No sense going anywhere knowing nothing about where I want to go. After all, so the saying goes, "Knowledge is power". There is no limit as to how much I may know, for as long as I remained linked to infernal energies of Hell, knowledge can flow through the Maelstrom to me with but a simple thought about any prospective subject.

Where should I go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)