More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Unknown7 Unknown7

Select Your Character

Emperor Arthur Titus Stark

Emperor Arthur Titus Stark is the 47 year old emperor of Central Briteros. He took the throne aged 28. However he was not the son of the previous emperor. He was the bastard son of a nobleman who, along with Arthur's brother, was executed by the Mad Emperor.

Arthur found the Sword of Emperors and pulled it out of its stone. He then led a ten year rebellion against the mad emperor and killed him, taking the throne for himself. He then had five children, to prevent a power vacuum in the event of his .

Three of those children were Patrick, Jaime and Hilda Stark. That was 19 years ago. Arthur had the power and authority to do as he wished but he knew this power had to be used responsibly as others may not approve of his choices and may cause problems.

Making unpopular decisions at court could lead to him taking a knife to his back like one of the previous emperors, Servius Augustus, and most people wouldn't tolerate another tyrant. Customs and traditions in Briteros were important and dangerous things could happen if Arthur attempted to subvert them.

He had also come to learn that things may not be what they seem and people he might not suspect could be eyeing for his throne. However one hard decision he made was when he was told that of a prophecy that a male child that had just been born right then would overthrow him as Arthur had done the Mad Emperor.

To circumvent this prophecy, he had every child born on the 1st May put on a ship intended for the Northern continent far away. This included his own son, Jaime Stark. Unfortunately, the ship crashed and it was believed that everyone die.

Arthur entered the throne room for another day in court. Court was the place where issues within the kingdom would be brought up to the highest authority, Arthur. Sometimes these issues were just squabbles between two nobles but other times more important issues would come up that may threaten your realm.

Today, the issue was some peasants complaining about Countess Olga Giles raising the taxes and bleeding the farmers dry of their food. She was even going as far as to order raids her own villages for food and gold that the peasants had stashed away in case of troubled times.

The problem was that even as emperor, Arthur could not interfere with how one of his subjects manages her states. However Arthur is still free to try to persuade the countess.

What should Arthur do about this situation?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)