More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by the_high_king the_high_king

Whose story should we follow first?

Emmy Tanger- Office Assistant

Emmy was a modest woman. She was 30 years old and in great shape. Her dark brown hair was a wavy chin-length bob cut that perfectly framed her round face. She worked an office job at a boring 9-5 insurance company and her life was in a word, incredibly normal. She enjoyed gaming, reading, movies, spending time with her boyfriend and hoped to one day become a fantasy author. Emmy was currently staring blankly at her laptop screen, daydreaming about her fantasy-epic when a folder landed on her desk. She quickly turned around, seeing Johnny, her office manager. Johnny was a rotund man with a heavy black mustache who tended to throw his weight around quite a bit, no pun intended.

"Emmy, I need the Conway files by tomorrow morning. Have those been submitted yet?" He asked her.

Emmy turned around to check her e-mails, "no sir, nothings been submitted yet. I'll go check with Alan".

"See that you do. I need those files for the meeting tomorrow".

"Yes, of course. I'll get right on that".

Emmy immediately left her desk so handle this situation. Alan had a reputation at the office as bit of an ass and was always just on that line of being let-go but would always seem to pull-through in the end. One day, it was certain that he would run out of close-calls. Emmy wasn't responsible for what Alan does in his time but Emmy's manager always made it sound like she was. She found his cubicle but was he wasn't there. Was he out of the office? Sick? Where was Alan and where were those files? It was wrong to look around a co-worker's desk but it was important that she get those files from him. She needed a clue. His computer was on, maybe she can look through that? Ask another co-worker where Alan is maybe? Or maybe there's something on his desk that's useful.

Where should she start to look?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)