More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Gameasy Gameasy

Where should she start to look?

Just call him

Before anything else, I should probably call him up, since that's the easiest solution, Emmy thought to herself.

Alan answered quicker than expected, though he sounded irritated, "What is it, Emmy? I'm about to walk into a very important meeting with a client here, and can't afford your disturbances."

"Oh, sorry", Emmy responded, "But I need to check in with you about the Conway files? They still haven't been submitted and Johnny needs them by tomorrow morning."

Alan hesitated for a moment before harshly saying, "I finished up my part of those files last week Emmy, and gave it to you to clean up. If its not submitted, then that's your problem. Don't call me back.", and hanging up the phone.

Emmy blinked in surprise, having expected either an easy yes or some sort of excuse on why it wasn't done yet, before blanching as she actually processed his words. She'd had a ton of work given to her by her boss a couple of hours before, and then had just gotten a call as he walked in, so she'd motioned for him to leave it on her desk. Which is probably exactly where it still was. And there was no way she'd be able to finish it in time in less than a day, even if she worked overtime.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)