More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Eugene_Oregon Eugene_Oregon

So, who is the (un)lucky lady?

Emma Raducanu

Emma Raducanu (born 13 November 2002) is a British professional tennis player. She has a career-high Women's Tennis Association (WTA) ranking of world No. 22 and is the current British No. 1. Raducanu won the US Open in 2021, becoming the first British woman to win a Grand Slam singles title since Virginia Wade in the 1977 Wimbledon Championships. She is considered a baseline player, known for her powerful, flat groundstrokes, and aggressive return of serve.

Raducanu was born in Toronto and raised in London. She made her WTA Tour debut in June 2021. As a wild card ranked outside the top 300 at Wimbledon, she reached the fourth round in her first major tournament. At the US Open two months later, Raducanu became the first qualifier in the Open Era in men's or women's singles to win a Grand Slam singles title, beating Leylah Fernandez in the final. She had to win three rounds of qualifying matches and seven matches in the tournament proper. She won all ten matches without dropping a set. It was only the second Grand Slam tournament of her career, which is another record for the least amount of majors played before winning a title.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)