More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

Who gets such a power?

Eli Lucca: a bit of a nobody

Eli was sitting by a lake, a few hours north of the city. He had spent 4 years and a gained far too much debt learning trade of culinary arts. Just to be a line cook at a fancy Italian restaurant. In his mid twenties he felt like he was going nowhere in life. Just a cog in the machine for people born in a better spot. Though, maybe that was the 2 weeks without time off talking. Someone else had recently quit, so again Eli again had to pick up slack while his boss dragged their feet in hiring someone new. Finally he got given a day where he could escape and did just that. Eli thought about a lot of things things while away from his life. This world has superheroes like Batman, Wonder Woman, The Teen Titians, and equally powerful villains.

"Man" Eli said aloud "Why couldn't I be the one to set superpowers?

At this thought a large explosion was heard in the air above him. Eli quickly shot up looking at to the direction of the sound recognizing it immediately. Most was use to the sound by now a Supers fighting, but that didn't mean you wanted to be close to it in person. Eli ran for cover in the nearby woods. Just as he ducked behind a tree he heard more loud bangs and explosions in the sky. Eli was behind a rock trying to hide and maybe catch a glimpse of one of the heroes or villains fighting. He finally worked up the nerve to reach for his phone when something fell from the sky crashing into the ground. Whatever it was created a crater that was now slowly filling with water from the lake.

Eli looked up, the sounds of fighting continued but seemed to be making their way away from him. Eli stood frozen for a moment looking at the newly made large hole in the ground. He staired thinking to himself he should make a break for his car. Yet, his legs walked towards the hole. Eli's whole life was boring, this was the most exciting thing to happen he could recall. Whoever was fighting was moving on, so why no see what this is. Maybe it's some cool tech, or a a part of a ship, or maybe..... It was not a thing after all. A person lay **** in a small buddle of water at the bottom of the crater. Dark black hair, a silver and black costume, and orange skin. This was one of those aliens! Only a few every got talked about. Like Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, Starfire. This one seemed to look like Starfire, but he couldn't place the name. While looking down a rock dislodged itself, water was now quickly filling the whole. Eli looked down, he had to help whoever this was. His heart beating a mile a minute he climbed down into the pit. He quickly picked up this alien, who when reaching realized it must have been a girl, and fireman carried her out of the whole. Placing her down he got a better look at her. She was beautiful. While unashamedly staring Eli noticed that there was some blood on her forehead. Almost in a trance he reached to wipe it away. When he touched her head he felt a wave of energy pass over him. It was pulling him yet he stayed still.

He closed his eyes as the feeling took him.

What does he open his eyes too?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)