More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Yabusa Yabusa

Who summoned you to the R&D floor?

Ela, the 'daughter' of Zoe and Chloe

Lab 5, way in the back, felt disconnected from Hideki's normal procedures and routines, even for being contained on a floor already far removed from standard operations. You knew that lab belonged to neither Chloe nor Zoe, so it must have been some other shared space...

Oh my god, were they giving you your own lab? Is that what this is? You almost felt abuzz at the possibilities, though... it didn't really make sense. There were people you worked with who had applies for various experiment designs within the lab who would be better suited for such a thing. Maybe... there was another doctor you didn't know about on this floor?

You stepped into the open door of Lab 5, looking around the dimly lit area. Every lab was considerably large on this floor, but this room felt particularly spacious--and that included all the high-tech machinery that littered the area! Much of that technology you didn't even recognize, it was so advanced. Some of the chambers, filled with a liquid solution, looked a lot like the renders of various artificial wombs you'd seen, ways to grow and preserve living tissue in a controlled environment. The impression that struck you about lab 5 is that it was set up as if it were to develop and monitor a whole creature of some sort.

"Ah, you're here, good." You jumped at Dr. Walker's voice, turning to the right, where you hadn't even noticed the large lounge area. Or, at least, that's sort of how it seemed, there was a couch and television and some kitchen appliances and the like. You immediately recognized Dr. Chloe Walker, and sitting across from her, Dr. Zoe Hildebrand. On another nearby chair was a third woman, someone you didn't recognize. She looked familiar... rather similar to Zoe and Chloe, in fact. Chloe pointed to a nearby chair. "If you don't mind, please have a seat over here. We've got a lot to talk about with you."

"And it's imperative that you keep everything we discuss here highly confidential, even if you decide to not participate," Zoe added. "You were specifically picked, so hopefully you'll agree to things, but if not... we understand. But, that's all we will say until you confirm you understand."

You blinked, but nodded. "Of course, doctors. I've honored every NDA I'd been a part of." Quickly, you slipped into the seat, looking back and forth between the doctors before your eyes settled on the woman you didn't know. She seemed like she was in her mid-twenties, very pretty hair and face. Her build was a little slim, but she sat next to Zoe and Chloe, who both had outstanding figures, so it may have been somewhat of an optical illusion. She wore what looked like a simple sweatshirt and yoga pants, not exactly typical lab-appropriate attire... her eyes were a little vacant, but she smiled at you.

Chloe turned to look at the other girl for a moment, tapping something on a tablet, before turning back to you. "I'm just going to info-dump on you, and you're going to look stunned the whole time, but it's necessary for us to tell you everything. First, Zoe and me... we're not exactly human. I'm a slime being that survives within human bodies, Zoe is a wearable, living bodysuit who can wrap around humans. You've worked on derivatives of us, since you've got extensive knowledge on smart-gel and adaptive bandages, so you understand more about us than you might even realize."

You blinked again, frozen in place with shock at the notion that these two doctors, whom you trusted had no intention to deliberately deceive you, weren't actually human. They looked the part, to be sure... behaved the part as well.

"We can go into more detail about that later, if you wish." Zoe was next to turn to you, while Chloe went to huddle closer to the unknown woman for a bit, to show her something on the pad. "What is important right now is that we combined our scientific knowledge and recently created a new entity from the best of both of us--really, the best of the smart gel and adaptive bandage technologies, plus some new enhancements! Emily, allow me to introduce you to Ela... Chloe's and my daughter."

"You two... had a daughter? How does that work, if you don't mind me, uh..."

Chloe snorts a little. "It doesn't work the way you're probably thinking. Human reproduction is meaningless to us except for the fun factor, it just doesn't work like that in our case. Really, we aren't designed to naturally reproduce, we had to get a little creative... but we had a big enough budget, and Hideki wasn't using any of this stuff anyway, so they let us kind of do what we want. What we wanted was to create the next generation of us."

You focused on Ela, and she lifted a hand to briefly wave. Again, something seemed strange, almost robotic about her... a chill ran down your back from everything you heard. You were quite literally the only human in the room, and you don't know how you felt about that. You had the option of excusing yourself that very moment, if you wished. On the other hand, something tugged at you in your mind, encouraging you to stay. There was a purpose to your presence here, and you really wanted to know what it was.

Do you stay? Or leave abruptly because it's too much to comprehend?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)