More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MissAshleyJ MissAshleyJ

Whose story do you follow?

Edward Montague, Son of a Noble Family.

(author's note: time frame roughly the 1890s)

"Good morning, Master Edward." A voice called, waking the young man from his sleep.

"uggghhh... Good morning, Philip." Edward replied as his maid opened the curtains of his room, letting the sun in.

"Your mother returned from London late last night." Philip told him "She's down having breakfast with your father."

"Oh... I didn't know she was due back." Edward said as he climbed out of bed. Philip helped the young man bath and dress, helping him into a Periwinkle gown.

Edward then headed down to see his parents.

Edward was the youngest son of Lady and Lord Margarette Montague, the 4th Countess Montague and her husband Jonathan.

They were not your typical upper class couple. While their marriage had been of political, social and economic benefit to their families, the two genuinely loved each other, even after nearly thirty years of marriage. This lead to them having seven daughters; Brigette, who stood to be the 5th Countess one day, Maxine, Rebeca, Margarette Jr, Amanda and her identical twin Elizabeth, and Kate. Edward was the youngest of their eight children and their only son, who was also Kate's twin. He had just turned Nineteen.

The girls were all off in the world, Brigette was practicing law in London, Maxine, Rebeca and Margarette were in the army and Amanda, Elizabeth and Kate were at Oxford. As a boy, Edward was stuck at home, being taught how to manage a household by his father.

Edward walked into the dining room where his parents were eating.

"Ah... Edward... good morning my child."

"Good morning Mother" The boy said with a curtsy before greeting his father the same way, then joining them to eat.

"So, anything interesting happen while I was gone?" The Countess asked her husband and son.

"I received a letter from my sister Lisa yesterday." Johnathan said. Lisa and Johnathan were twins. It's often said that "twins beget twins", so it's no surprise that Lisa had her own sets of twins. She and Margarette were also very good friends, both being peers of equal rank, Lisa being the 6th Countess Westford.

"Ah... how's the Safari going?" Margarette asked. She'd always wanted to go on Safari, but she had a hard time getting to anywhere that wasn't on Great Britain. She got violently sea sick if she so much as LOOKED at a boat, let alone got on one.

"Excellent. She says they should be wrapping up soon and plan to be home by the end of the summer."

"Wonderful. We must have a visit with them when they get back."

One of the butlers walked up to the countless with a letter on a plate.

"Just arrived for you, my lady." She said.

Margarette picked up the letter and opened it.

"It's from Rebeca..." She said aloud. "She's... Oh..."

"Darling?" Johnathan asked

"She's pregnant... She's going to marry the father of the child..."

"Oh no...." Johnathan began...

"No... wait... it's... ah..." Her wife said before smiling "He's the son of General Coswell... You remember her?"

"Wasn't she the tall woman who fell in Lady Heston's duck pond?"

"That's the one. Boy's name is Richard. They're getting married in a month's time."

"Where?"

"Edinburg. She's the General's aide and that's where they've been working."

"Well then, I guess we best get making plans."

"Yes, Excuse me, my dear, I need to send out a few messages..." The countess said, rising

"Are you excited, Edward?"

"Yes, Father... I do enjoy weddings..." He said.

"You know... You're getting about that age, young man..." His father said with a sigh as he got up "I think it's time I give it to you. Once you're done eating, meet me up upstairs.

What does the Earl show him?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)