More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Yabusa Yabusa

Which Body Chaos competition is up?

Dullahan Fencing

If ever there was an event that captured the creative spirit of the Body Chaos Rodeo, Dullahan Fencing is as good as any. The goal of this event is to disarm your opponent--quite literally!

In this event, contestants are given a sword with a unique property--it is able to sever the limbs of solid beings painlessly, bloodlessly, and in essence allows both new halves to stay alive as normal. This technology is a Pellian secret, and they'll never share how it works... but the least surprising thing about a squid-like species that created an international competition for controlling other bodies should be that they don't share their technology. Using these blades of unknown construction, the goal is to remove the arms--or closest thing to arm-like appendages--of one's opponent, so they cannot hold their own blade. Once both arms are lost, then a winner is declared.

There is an interesting property to these severed limbs as well--they can be reattached to any body with ease! If an opponent loses their arm but can still pick it up and reattach it with their other arm, then the contestant must remove both limbs again to gain victory. Scattered across the arena are other limbs and body parts of various levels of usefulness, donated from various other species that include extra arms, legs, wings, flippers, and other appendages. A contestant can attach up to two extra limbs that they find in the arena to them for the duration of the match, but only their primary arms are used for scoring (even if someone else's arm is attached to the shoulder of a severed arm, it can only help functionally, but still counts as one original arm lost).

Interestingly, slicing off the opponent's head does not count as a victory--they can still move their body when severed! The opponent must still have both arms removed to count as a victory.

These matches often are best-of-five, as they can sometimes go pretty quickly in the early rounds. The most skilled fencers are the ones who can adapt to whatever limbs are available in the arena, sometimes able to gain a big advantage after losing one arm and replacing it with a unique new limb that grants extra reach or strength to a fencer. Creativity is the key!

Winners of each round can attach a variety of other limbs from the arena, which they can keep attached to themselves until the next match. These limbs are then guaranteed to be present in the arena for the next match, but once again scattered randomly.

Shall we get to know a Dullahan Fencing contestant?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)