More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Cantalope Cantalope

Who do you decide to follow in this brave new world?

Drake - One Lucky Man

Drake lounged on his girlfriends couch, waiting for her to get ready. He honestly felt like she needn't have bothered, it wasn't like they were going out-out, they were just grabbing lunch. And she was lovely enough to be jaw droppingly beautiful, makeup or no. Though he had to admit it might have something to do with her other assets as an ethnically Indian woman.

He of course was done up as well as he could manage without wearing a full blown suit, he had to at least try to make it seem like she wasn't completely out of his league. He straightened his jacket and peered into his reflection in one of the windows, wincing as he picked up on a fleck of gray hair in his sideburns. He spent all of ten seconds looking for a scissors to remedy his oversight before taking a deep breath and stopping himself: he was overreacting. He and Adya had been dating for almost four months now, he should be comfortable with her.

Also, as his friends persistently reminded him, she was part Saudi: 3-4 months was the later end of the critical point. If she stuck with him this long, it was probably going to be a long term thing. Drake wasn't sure if he was being over-chivalrous or if it somehow bothered him that he was partially relying on biology to make a woman stay, but he didn't like to think of Adya that way.

As he was standing there, trying to relax, he became aware of Adya's daughter, Lyla, sitting on the steps and watching him bemusedly. They regarded each other for a moment, the teenager smiling at him innocently, "...how long have you been sitting there?"

"Few minutes."

"Huh." He cleared his throat, "Hey, Lyla, I don't want to put you in a weird spot or anything but... it's been kind of bugging me for a while and..." She gave him a blank look, "...is your mom enjoying herself?"

"What?"

"I mean, I think she's amazing and smart and beautiful and I was wondering if she felt the same way. About me. Kind of. Maybe not the beautiful part. Or even necessarily the smart part." He stopped himself as he realized he was rambling, sighing heavily, "You know what I mean?"

Lyla had her mouth hidden behind her hand, eyes shining, "OMGyou'resocute. Shouldn't you be able to tell?"

Drake quirked his mouth, "Well, I think she's having a good time... but I've never... I mean... I don't know if her..." He struggled with his words as the teenager practically shook with mirth, "I just want to make sure she's not into something she doesn't want to do."

Lyla dropped her hand, her face becoming serious, "You mean cause we're Saudi?" He nodded sheepishly, unsure if he'd just crossed a line. She studied him closely, narrowing her eyes, before the smile crept back onto her face, "Most Saudi women who lose their husband don't remarry, or even recover. It took Mom a long time to get over... what happened. I'm really happy she's found you."

Drake smiled but could feel the other shoe waiting to drop, "But...?"

"No buts." She shrugged, "Sure, her biology is going to make her partial to you, and only you. But she had to start out at least kind of liking you for the imprinting to happen. Don't worry about it Drake, we're very conscious of guys we like so we don't imprint on accident. You'd be long gone if my Mom wasn't super into you."

He felt anxious and jittery, even as he grinned broadly at the good news. Talking about this kind of thing with his daughters girlfriend was way out of his comfort zone. Lyra's own self consciousness seemed to catch up with her as well and she retreated back up the stair with an awkward wave. It made him feel a little better that it was weird for her too.

When Adya stepped into view a few minutes later, he'd managed to quell most of the nervous energy, "Ready to go?"

He smiled, meaning to respond, but got lost in her dress and how extraordinary it made her look. Her breasts were perfect globes, altogether too large to be able to look so perfect. Adya wasn't old or anything, but the utter lack of sag was almost supernatural. It was a good thing she didn't react like other women might, thanks to her genetics she usually took his gawking as flattery. She laughed and stepped up to him, lightly pulling his chin up with her finger so he met her eyes, "Do I get a stamp of approval?"

"I feel underdressed. Maybe a little unworthy." He answered honestly. She laughed again, grabbing her purse and leading the way out the door, "You can prove your worthiness to me later, if it makes you feel better..." He felt his pants stir in response to her sultry smirk and he thanked his lucky stars he got to date this goddess.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)