More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by BlueKnight BlueKnight

What happened after this?

Doctor Jaeger and his son come for a visit

After finished tying the criminals up and given my distant relative a proper burial, I informed Ms. Ackerman and her daughter that I came here to investigate about the three criminals, who two have been caught earlier, to prepare them in advance about the arrival of the third one.

Obviously, both the mother and daughter reacted with worrisome looks on their faces. However, I assured them that I will protected them if they allowed me to stay to apprehend the third criminal. Most likely because knowing that their lives are in dangers, they agreed to.

So I stayed there and keep waiting. And it does not take long to hear someone comes knocking on the door. As soon as we all heard the knocks on the door, the mother and the daughter go to find places to hide while I stayed with my gun ready.

"Who is it?" I asked out loud.

"Who are you? You does not sound like her husband, Mr. Ackerman." The stranger on the other side replied.

"I AM her husband! What are you even talking about?!" I replied back to the stranger.

"I met Mr. Ackerman before. He does not sound like that. Who are you really? If you do not tell me, I am going to report you to the Military Police for trespassing!" The stranger on the other side said back.

"Sure, go ahead! I can also reported you and your friends for and attempted as well!" I replied back to the stranger on the other side.

"What are you talking about?! I am Mrs. Ackerman's doctor! I come here because I have an appointment with her!" The stranger who claimed to be the doctor said back to me.

"Like I will fall for that! Yes, she is pregnant. I know that! But for all I know, you may also know about this before as well!" I said back to the supposed doctor on the other side.

"Okay... what can I do to-" The supposed doctor said but then, someone interrupted our conversation.

"Doctor Jaeger!" Ms. Ackerman runs out from her hiding place as fast as her pregnant belly allowed her to do so. She soon runs passed me, reaching the door and open it. And once the door is opened, I saw a man in suit with a hat and a little boy who is most likely his son are standing there.

"Sorry for the misunderstanding, Doctor Jaeger." Ms. Ackerman said as she's allowing the doctor and his son to enter.

Once inside, Ms. Ackerman begins to explain the situation to Doctor Jaeger and his son. This resulted in the Doctor to express his condolences while his son runs to the tied up criminals and start picking a fight with them by kicking and punching them with his little hands.

In the end, I have to grab him and instruct him to not go anywhere near them for his own safety. And to make sure he obeyed, I decided to look after him and the girl while Doctor Jaeger checked the wounds on the criminals. After he removed the bullets from them and have them patched up, the Doctor then performed the checkup on Ms. Ackerman.

Sometime later, the checkup comes to an end and the Doctor left the house with his son. I, however, remained as promise because I needed to apprehend the third criminal and protect the mother and her daughter.

When will the third criminal arrived?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)