More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Kendra88 Kendra88

Let them sleep for now

Do demons dream of evil sheep?

Laura awoke with a splitting headache, feeling like she was beaten down by a group of angels. They usually roamed around Hell looking for a demon to rough up for some quick entertainment.

"Ugh..." moaned Laura, eyes slowly opening to see a rather normal looking house. She suddenly shot up, just realizing what happened. Her eyes darted around the unfamiliar place, looking for any sign of life. Then she heard a loud snoring sound from behind her. She slowly turned around to see a human fast asleep in the chair.

"NO! I don't want to ride my tricycle to the hummummm..."

Laura jolted in the direction of another human sleeping in the floor. She very quietly got up from the couch. She looked down and discovered her state of nudity. Grabbing the blanket and wrapping it around herself, she then started to prod the human in the chair.

"Hey. Geek boy. Wake up." said the demoness. Chester yawned and stretched his arms. Opening his eyes to see the girl from before staring him down with a look that reeked of irritation.

"Huh? Wuzzat?" asked Chester, still processing what he was looking at.

"You summoned a demon, right? Well here I am. Let's just get this over with, I've got places to be." said Laura flatly.

Chester's eyes shot open and looked up to reveal the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.

"Woah...I uh...what?" stammered Chester. Laura continued her stare at him before sighing.

"Okay I've got a dumb one this time. Fun." spat the demon.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to irritate you. I just didn't think it was a real spell." said Chester. "If you are a demon and I'm not dreaming, can you heal my friend Zak over there? He hit his head super hard on a shelf that fell on him."

Laura walked over to the sleeping human and placed her hand over his head.

"He's fine for now. He's having some weird dreams though." said Laura.

"You got some clothes I can borrow? As much as I love being nude, your world might not take kindly to it." Laura asked.

"Um, maybe? I think Zak's ex left a shirt or two." said Chester. He went rummaging through Zak's closet in his room. Finding a couple of items down in the bottom of the closet, he brought back a small T-shirt and women's shorts.

Laura started to reach for the blanket until she noticed Chester standing there.

"Well? Do you mind?" asked the irritated blonde.

"Oh! Right, sorry." said the now crimson-faced boy.

He waited a couple of minutes before Laura said, "Okay you can look now."

Chester turned to see Laura was now at the very least not committing indecent exposure.

"A bit small but it'll do for now." said Laura.

"Chester" the boy said, sticking his hand out for a handshake. Laura looked at him quizzically, before responding with her own name and shaking his hand.

"You're pretty new at this, aren't you?" Laura said, giving him a slight smile for the first time since waking.

"Well...yeah. It's not everyday you and a friend summon a demon in a living room." Chester said.

"I suppose that's valid. I keep getting told the human world has changed. It ain't like it used to be." said Laura.

They walked out of the small apartment to find a few people on their phones, probably talking to their insurance reps about the damage the quake did.

"So when were you last summoned? If you don't mind me asking." asked Chester, trying to make small talk.

"September of 1929. Some idiot farmer wanted to hit it big in the stock market or something like that. Pretty forgettable dude in my opinion. What year is it now anyway?" Laura said.

Chester just stared at Laura for a second before responding, "It's 2023."

"I take it phones are now wireless right?" asked Laura, pointing at a man speaking incoherently into his phone.

"Yeah something like that." said Chester with a twinge of awkwardness.

"Aren't you supposed to be more, I dunno..." Chester starts.

"Demonic? Look we get a pretty bad rap. Mostly from angels who think they own the place. Demons actually look a lot like humans. Usually, only another demon or an angel can tell us apart." Laura explained.

Chester left a note for Zak to call him later and Laura swiped a pair of flip flops from Zak's apartment. They walked down the steps of the apartment complex down to the sidewalk.

"Look, I'm not your girlfriend you know? I'm supposed to do whatever you tell me to do. If you want a sloppy BJ or something just say the word." Laura shamelessly explained.

Chester, once again turning a bright crimson, looked at Laura and said "Good to know..."

Where does the duo run off to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)