More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Crayman Crayman

How do you respond?

Disagree.

"And why should I do that? Most of the guests on the 'close friends' list are yours!" You replied angrily.

"But they are my friends! These guys are your colleagues!" She responded heatedly, as you'd expected.

"Well they are my colleagues and friends." You crossed your arms defiantly.

"Oh please, I've know you don't like some of these guys. I've heard you say it!" She said. You didn't have much of a response to that, so you sighed resignedly.

"Okay, fine whatever." You said. It wasn't worth a fight, and you certainly didn't want to things to be rocky when you were meant to be preparing your wedding.

"Thank you." She said somewhat coldly.

"Well, that should put the guest list down to seventy... We can start writing the invitations." She looked at you after having deleted most of your colleagues names off. Only your boss and his plus one stayed on.

"Writing? Can't we print them?" You asked in horror.

"That's so tactless. We need for our guests to know that we're personally and sincerely inviting them." She told you, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, sure. Whatever. What do you want me to do?" You asked.

"For now, nothing. I think we've done enough for today." She answered as she stood up.

"Great." You said as you also stood up. "I'm having a shower." You told her. It was night time and you felt tired.

"Okay sure. I'm going to be chatting with Wendy on the phone." She replied casually.

You nodded as you walked to the bathroom. You had a pretty modern apartment. Two bedrooms and a high floor in one of the newest buildings in the city. You washed your mediocre body in the shower and dried yourself off once you were out. As you walked, towel around waist, to your bedroom, you heard Emily talking on the phone.

"Yeah he's pretty much letting me run the show, which is according to plan. Men are so easy." You heard her say.

You decided not to walk in just yet, and instead stood next to the door to listen into the conversation.

"I've solved that problem. I picked a venue which doesn't seat enough people... So guess who's first to go? His stupid workmates. Could you imagine how awkward that'd be? I don't even think he knows about it." She said. You raised your eyebrow, intrigued by the subject.

"I know. They definitely were better, but I don't need to worry about it now. they're not coming." She said.

"Yeah... I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm already wearing the pants... But he did argue with me a bit tonight. I'll have to keep him in his place, haha." She continued.

"I'll have a pretty easy life though!" You could hear the glee in her voice.

You gritted your teeth as you fought every ounce of your being from barging into the room. You stepped back and decided to play it cool. You wouldn't mention what you just heard... But you -would- play her stupid little game. You crept away to the bathroom and made sure to make plenty of noise as you walked back to the bedroom door.

"..to go, talk later!" You heard her say before you opened the door.

Emily looked up at you with a smile. You returned it sweetly. She was none the wiser.

"How's Wendy?" You asked.

"She's well. Actually, she asked me to go to her place tomorrow. I think she wants to plan a hen's night for me!" She said merrily.

"Sounds good. Actually I was going to go out tomorrow too, so that works out." You replied nonchalantly.

"Oh? For what?" She asked in surprise. You didn't often go out, so it wasn't strange for her to be surprised.

"Just catching up with some of the guys." You said flatly.

Emily watched you for a few seconds but decided to drop it when she couldn't get any more information from you.

"Okay, well let's leave the wedding plans until Sunday." She smile.

You agreed. You both turned the lights off and went to bed to sleep, though you laid awake as you thought up your plan of action. You needed to make sure that you had a Buck's night, but you weren't sure who would arrange it. Your older brother, Jacob could do it. You didn't see him too often. People thought of him as a more 'manly' version of you, and indeed he was very similar, but with a much larger frame and masculine appearance. You were always jealous of him when you were a kid.

You also considered asking Nate, your work colleague.

You also considered asking your workmates... Though the thought was a bit strange now. You recalled the conversation Emily had with Wendy, and you still weren't sure what she had meant. If you were to visit some of them, you might be able to investigate a bit more. In either case, you were meeting them both tomorrow with a few of the guys, so you could ask either one.

Who do you ask?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)