More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Shandy Shandy

Who do you follow?

Diego. 52-year-old secret police captain

"You have done great service to the state, my friend. Take the vacation. The reward is well earned, and you deserve a chance to relax."

Captain Diego Moya showed no expression as he looked at his Chief. Thanks to his diligent work his men had recently infiltrated and destroyed a band of dissidents plotting against the state. It had been a tricky and difficult case, and only one of the traitors had managed to escape. The others were in the basement cells of this building awaiting further interrogation before being summarily executed. He had no doubt that the final dissident would soon be captured, and his triumph would be complete.

"With respect, my work in this case is not complete. I ask the Chief's permission to see it through to the final result."

"No, no, Diego, you have done enough. This last fugitive is nothing, a foolish girl who will soon be caught. You have earned a reward my dear friend. The President himself wishes to acknowledge your efforts. This place is his favourite resort, the only time he leaves our country. He is showing you great honour in sending you there."

"I am very humbled by his trust," Diego said loyally, seeing that there was no point, and possibly some risk in further resistance.

"As you should be," his Chief answered. "Your flight will leave this afternoon. Do not wear your uniform, or take it with you. It is best that our nation not be easily identified. The resort is very discreet, but there is no need for undue difficulties. I assure you that you will very much enjoy your holiday," he added with a wolfish grin.

"Have you been to this resort?"

"Once I was so honoured by our President. A week he gave me, not the two he has rewarded you with. It is a paradise, a place of beauty with the finest of food and drink and women for the taking. Women of all types. And for very special guests, such as those our President honours, there are very special amenities," he gave a feral chuckle, his eyes sparkling with a secret memory.

"Please convey my regards and respect to our President, and my humble acceptance of his reward."

"It shall be done. Go and pack Diego. And God speed."

What next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)