More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NewKied NewKied

What's next?

Destiny Islands Continued

I wake up to the sound of thunder. Looking around I notice Kairi isn’t here. Peering out her bedroom window I see a storm over the island where we hang out. “Oh shit, the raft!” We never tied the raft down so it could float into the sea without us! I get my clothes in order and rush out of Kairi’s house and toward the dock.

Once I reach the island I notice two things. One, Riku and Kairi’s boats are here and two, there’s a giant ball of...darkness? Floating in the sky, as well as these dark creatures coming up from the ground. They lunge at me but thanks to my training with Riku I’m able to quickly dodge them. I don’t have a weapon so all I can do run away. I see Riku standing on the smaller island where we watched the sunset the first day. I approach and call out to him.

“Riku! Where’s Kairi?”

“The door has opened.” He turns to face me.

“What?”

“The door has opened, Sora! Now we can go to the other worlds!”

“What the hell are you talking about? Where’s Kairi?”

“Kairi’s coming with us!” That’s great but where is she, asshole! He continues “Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our friends or family again, but fuck’em this is our only chance.”

That was harsh even for Riku. He holds his hand out toward me as he’s engulfed by darkness. I reach out to take his hand but I’m stopped as darkness begins to surround me too. I’m unable to see anything, completely immersed by darkness when I see a tiny speck of light. It grows larger until I’m blinded by it. I regain my sight and notice I’m holding a giant… key?

Realizing I now have a large blunt object I begin fighting back at the dark creatures as they begin to swarm me. Defeating the monsters, I see the cave from yesterday. Having no better idea where Kairi could be I enter, a feeling of relief washes over me.

“Kairi! I’ve been looking for you!”

She turns to me with a blank expression on her face. “Sora.” She looks so different from the beautiful goddess I saw last night. She too reaches out for me but as she does a door at the back of the cave flings open and a gust of wind flows out of it. The wind is so strong it actually lifts Kairi off her feet and toward me. I close my eyes and open my arms to catch her but...I don’t feel her, it’s like she disappeared. The gust suddenly grows stronger, causing me to fall over and I lose consciousness.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)