More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Arko Arko

Who's been called?

Derrick Hansted

Derrick received his mandatory Army training letter the day he turned 19. He'd just finished college that day when his father showed him the letter. He was shocked and didn't know how to react. The idea of leaving his family and friends behind for months, possibly years, was daunting. He had always known that military service was mandatory in the country, but the reality of it was hitting him hard.

He sat down on the couch and stared at the letter, trying to process his thoughts. What would happen to his plans to pursue a career in engineering? Would he be able to handle the physical and mental demands of army training? So many questions flooded his mind as he tried to come to terms with his new reality.

The letter explained that he was being summoned to the medical office the next day. He got to take the day off college because of the appointment. He thought it would be a fairly normal thing. A usual checkup. Little did he know how far out of his comfort zone he was going to go the next day.

As he got ready for bed that night, he couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. He knew that whatever was going to happen the next day would have a significant impact on his future. He tried to distract himself by watching a movie, but his mind kept wandering back to the letter and the unknown. Finally, he drifted off to sleep, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. The next morning, he woke up early, feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation.

Derrick arrived at the doctor's office and waited in the lobby with his parents. He had already discussed that he was old enough to go into the examination room alone, but they had been instructed to attend the appointment also. He began to feel his heart race as they were waiting for Derrick's name to be called.

What's the process here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)