More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ThisIsNoOne ThisIsNoOne

Who are you?

Derek, The College Senior

"I told you this was a good movie." Derek said looking over at Maggie. A movie titled Accepted played on the TV in Maggie's dorm room.

Maggie smiled at Derek and raised her coffee mug. "You were right. So cheers to your taste in movies and cheers to almost being done with college." Derek raised the bottle of wine that he was drinking and tapped it to Maggie's mug. They each took a drink of their respective beverage. Lowering her mug Maggie gave the liquid inside a little swirl and took another drink. "Hey pause the movie, I need to whip up another screwdriver." She said hopping up from her bed.

After 4 years of college and various intermixing of their friends groups, Maggie and Derek had developed a pretty good friendship. They had never dated, to the dismay of Maggie, but they had found each other to be a reliable friend to lean on in tough times. Now only a couple weeks away from graduation they were hanging out drinking a watching a movie. A relatively bland night for some, but they preferred a more laid back approach to things.

While Maggie whipped up another screwdriver, Derek was fiddling around on his phone. Seeing a new email notification pop up, Derek tapped it to see what it was. The title of the email just said Questionnaire. Derek rolled his eyes thinking it was some survey from the university. "Hey did you get this questionnaire email yet?" Derek asked Maggie who was sliding her bottle of vodka back in her mini-fridge. Maggie shook her head no, and grabbed her mug. Curious about what the email might be, Derek opened it up. Quickly skimming the email Derek realized that this wasn't from the university at all. It was from some weird website. "Read this email." Derek said handing his phone to Maggie who had returned to her spot on the bed. Maggie, like Derek, quickly skimmed the email and handed the phone back to Derek.

"That sounds like spam." Maggie said taking a drink of her screwdriver. "Who sends out a survey about what you would be like as the opposite sex?" Maggie said dismissively.

"I mean they call it a questionnaire." Derek made sure to emphasize the word questionnaire. Maggie just rolled her eyes. "Alright that is going to spam." Derek said deciding not to click the link embedded in the email. Before he could hit the mark as spam button another email came in. Derek looked up at Maggie, "I just got another email from that same thing."

"Really?" Maggie asked curiously. Derek quickly read through the second email.

"Holy shit you won't believe this." Derek said in a surprised tone. "This second email literally asks me not to mark it as spam." His eyes continued to skim the text of the email. "Don't mark me as spam... blah blah... Send this to a friend.... blah blah... See what their answers are.... blah blah.... You can even edit their answers for more fun.... blah blah.... Just reply with your friends email address..." Derek looked up to see an intrigued look on Maggie's face.

"Well are you?" She asked grabbing the phone from Derek's hand. "This sounds so much like chain mail... BUT WE SHOULD SEND IT TO SOMEONE!" Maggie was clearly excited and a bit tipsy at this point.

"Fine, but who?" Derek asked. The two began tossing out names of potential recipients. It seemed like each name got shot down. Derek didn't want to send it to Maggie's ex-boyfriend. Maggie didn't want to send it to any of her female friends.

"How about Andy?" Maggie suggested.

"Perfect!" Derek responded as he typed in Andy's email address and hit send.

Who is Andy?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)