More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 6 by Trom1806 Trom1806

What will you find in an old abandoned mine?

Dark spaces of underground corridors of an old mine. What's hidden here? You have to try to find out...

You move through the narrow corridors of an old abandoned mine, trying to dispel the darkness with the faint light of your torch. This is ineffective. Visibility is very difficult. However, thanks to the light from the torch's flame, you don't trip over rocks as often and you can slowly move forward, taking careful steps.

Your senses sense the oppressive atmosphere of desolation in this gloomy place. No one has probably worked in this mine for a long time. There are not even any fragments of old mining tools (probably, the looters took away everything valuable a long time ago).

You keep moving forward.

Musty air.

Narrow confined space.

Mold on the ceiling and walls.

The sound of dripping water.

Literally every detail of the situation in this place makes you feel discomfort.

You grew up in a small forest village. You are used to open spaces, to a variety of plants and domestic animals that live next to humans. Therefore, the cramped conditions and gloomy desolation in these deserted abandoned corridors of the mine bring sad thoughts to you.

After half an hour of travel deep into the mine, you notice that sources of light appear, in addition to your torch: these are mushrooms that grow on the walls of the mine. These mushrooms emit a pale bluish or pale greenish light. You are wary of getting too close to mushrooms.

You think: “How can these mushrooms affect the human body? This is unknown to me. Therefore, it is better for me not to touch the mushrooms and not to get too close to them.”

You keep walking.

Mentally, you are trying to get your bearings. Based on your assumptions, the main mine shaft you are walking along is roughly north. This means that this underground corridor goes approximately in the direction of the village of Olinsford.

After a while, you see that the mine corridor ahead is littered with stones. This is probably the result of a collapse.

However, you strain your attention and manage to feel a faint breath of air. This breath of air comes precisely from a pile of stones that blocks your path.

You come closer.

You carefully feel the stones. After a couple of minutes, you manage to move several stones that at first seemed too heavy. But this did not turn out to be the case. It's like... a disguise. It’s as if someone deliberately hid a secret passage deep into...

You bend low and climb through the opened passage, which was hidden by a couple of cobblestones.

You keep moving.

But now the area you are walking through does not look like a man-made mine corridor. It looks like a network of naturally occurring underground caves. You notice stalactites and stalagmites. There are more and more mushrooms emitting a faint glow.

There are unpleasant assumptions in your mind: “Who knows what kind of predators may live in these underground dark caves? I need to be extremely careful!”

After a ten-minute walk, you see how a single underground passage branches into three branches.

You look around.

On the left side you see that a narrow passage leads somewhere into the darkness. There are few mushrooms on the walls here. But you also realize that this direction roughly corresponds to the location of the village of Olinsford.

There is a wider passage on the right side. There are many mushrooms growing on the walls. Many stalactites and stalagmites.

The central passage is the darkest. For some reason there is no vegetation on the walls here at all. No mushrooms, no moss. You only hear the loud dripping of water coming from there.

Where should you go now?

You are lost in thought.

So, you decide that you need to go...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)