More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by bbcummings bbcummings

Who uses a dead octopus as a paper weight?

Daniela Lee, Software Engineer Extraordinaire

Daniela plopped down in her chair and booted up her computer. She rummaged within her purse until she found her newest desk decoration. It was a tiny glass jar filled with some kind of clear, viscous fluid. Suspended in the fluid was what appeared to be a tiny black octopus.

Immediately upon placing the little item on her desk, Daniela heard a snort of disgust from behind her.

Jenny from reception was standing a couple feet behind her, hands on hips, blonde hair looking as perfect as usual.

“Gross, what is that?” Jenny cried.

Daniela picked up the jar and angled it towards Jenny with a rueful gleam in her eyes.

“This? Just my new little friend.”

“It's disgusting,” Jenny persisted.

“I think he’s kinda cute, actually,” Daniela said. “Wanna hold him?”

“Get that THING away from me.”

This all caught the attention of Mark and Alicia, who were passing by with their morning coffee.

“Hey Daniela, what is that?,” Alicia said. She was a cute, cheerful woman with caramel skin and curly black hair cut neck length.

“I found it cleaning out some boxes in my new attic. Must have been from the old homeowner. I think it’s an octopus.”

“Something of the variety,” Mark said with a chuckle.

Alicia and Daniela started to catch up while Mark and Jenny made their ways back to the front of the office. None of them noticed the subtle shift in the air as the creature in the jar began to wake up.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)