More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Galvan Galvan

What's next?

Daniel Geiger, an officer worker with a new desk job experince.

"Hey, so here's my half of the paperwork filled out. Gardner needs the rest finished in time for Friday's meeting. If you have any questions, email me." Daniel said as he dropped off a stack of papers on Gerry's desk.

"Thanks." Daniel turned to go back to his desk. "Hey, hold up." Gerry got up to catch Daniel before he got too far, putting his hand on his shoulder to get him to turn around. "So me and the guys were going to get together this weekend. After all this is said and done. We haven't seen you in the bar in a minute. You used to be a hoot. Are you up for it?"

Gerry playfully shook Daniel's arm and Daniel suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. He knew precisely the get-together the guys were talking about. The one where all the hitched guys brought their pretty girlfriends to celebrate and the one Gerry had to go stag to since he moved to this office. Gerry wasn't being as slick as he thought.

"You know I still like women, right?"

"Wha? Danny, Danny-"

"Daniel. It's always been Daniel. You've never called me Danny before. And I can tell you wanna spell it with an I. Would you be fine if I started calling you 'Gerald' all of a sudden?" Gerry was taken aback. He took his hand off Daniel and defensively placed it on his own chest.

"I don't know where this is coming from. I just haven't seen my pal in a while. None of the gang have." Gerry tapped his knuckles against Daniel's shoulder in jest.

"Gerry, you have looked at my chest more in this conversation than you have my face in the last three years we've worked together." Ever since the reverser Daniel, who normally dressed in modest and autumn-colored suits he was very proud of, now came to work in government-subsidized plunging necklines and mini skirts and a full face of makeup. It took him twice as long to get ready and he looked like a slutty secretary but hey, that's what the cosmic doctor ordered. "You misspelled my last name on that form I just handed back to you." Daniel gestured to the stack of papers in Gerry's 'IN' bin. "You don't know the first thing about me."

"Sure I do!" Gerry protested.

"What's my sister's name?" Daniel crossed his arms.

"Ha!" Gerry lifted up his pointer finger to Daniel's face in indignation. "Trick question. You don't have a sister. You're not being fair." It was now Daniel's turn to cross his arms in pride.

"Mikaela. I set you up on a blind date with her last year and you made fun of how she spelled her name when she paid for the check, then had her drive your drunk ass home. Then on the second date, she said you hit on the waitress before leaving a 10% tip."

"Wow," Gerry said, stunned. "You have a good memory."

"Ugh," Daniel sighed and then headed back to his cubicle.

Gerry wasn't the first of his coworkers who tried to slyly ask Daniel out under the pretense of trying to treat him like "one of the guys" again. At first, he said no because if his professional suits became no underwear and pushup bras under skimpy shirts and skirts he didn't want to see what his "night on the town" outfits would become under his new compulsions. Now, after three months of working with them under these conditions, he just didn't want to spend more time with the pigs than he had to.

Daniel's co-workers were physically incapable of keeping their jaws closed when he was around and stumbled over their words whenever they addressed him. In the beginning he wanted to be like one of the guys and minimize how girly he had to be. Now though, he had to admit, he didn't feel dysphoric about his new body. He read about people who discovered their real selves after the reversal, whose original "roles" were just disguises they were overcompensating with. He didn't think it was that. He enjoyed his masculinity back when he had it (hence all the fun suits). Daniel had a different theory: when the reversal swapped his gender, it fully swapped his gender. He was not a man with a woman's body but a woman with a woman's body. Just a woman named Daniel.

His co-workers didn't seem to understand that. After an H.R. complaint, they stopped calling Daniel 'she' or suggesting new names, but the new hotness was abbreviating his name. Dani, Dann, Dee; all seemed to be easier on their ears than his actual name they had used for years. His weekly support group suggested he should change jobs but he shouldn't need to! They should stop being assholes. Until then, Daniel spent most of his time with the other women of the firm, which were suspiciously mostly secretaries. He never noticed that until he started actively looking for female friends. When he returned to his desk he pulled out his phone and texted the group chat he was in with them.

What's in the group chat?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)