More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by holly_c holly_c

What happens next?

Continued

"So what variety of styles might you be interested in?" Catherine said, trying to direct the question to the bride.

 Elizabeth answered anyway. "She's looking for something sexy and revealing. As traditional as possible given those requirements, but really I would be happy as long as it shows quite a bit of skin." 

 Catherine gave Elizabeth a quick look. /*I* would be happy?/ "OK, but is that what *you* want?" She asked, trying to prompt the bride again. The bride looked plaintively to Elizabeth before giving a tiny nod. 

 Elizabeth chuckled. "It's OK, Catherine, if you need to know anything you can ask me. The bride has so very few opinions, and when she does they're so very silly. Isn't that right, Melody?" 

 "Yes, Ma'am." Melody answered. 

 There was something about this dynamic that was making Catherine's hair stand on end, but she struggled to be professional regardless. 

 "Ooooh Kay. So sexy and revealing. I think I can find some things which would fit that bill. Now if you two would wait here, I'll take, uh, the bride to the fitting room to change." It felt so very strange to call someone in the room by such an abstract name. What was going on here? 

 "Oh, no. We'll be coming into the changing room as well." Elizabeth answered. 

 "That's... that's highly unusual, I'm not sure if I can allow-" 

 "I had a long conversation with your management. They repeatedly assured me that you would be amenable to our requirements. Besides, the bride ever so much wants us there." 

 Catherine looked at the bride in bewilderment, and indeed the girl gave a brief nod. 

 "I... I guess..." Catherine said. "I guess it's OK, then. This way..." 

 She guided them into the smaller anteroom, smaller still in that it was typically suited for just two people. Catherine pointed to the dressing gown hanging on a small peg in the corner. "Now if you'll put that on, I'll go pull a selection I think you might like..." 

 "Oh, she doesn't need any such silly thing." Elizabeth interjected. Then she nodded to the bride. "Go ahead and disrobe." 

 "But... she's..." The bride said, obviously nervous that Catherine was still in the room. Probably as nervous as Catherine was. She dealt with undressed ladies quite regularly in this job, but never quite like this. 

 "Yes. I know. And I gave you instruction." Elizabeth said sharply. The bride nodded ever so slightly, her eyes downcast. Then she brought her hand to the back of her dress.

Christine's eyes widen in shock.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)