More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Geo Geo

Who's story do we follow?

Comment Master. Get more bang for your buck.

Sarah yawned as she reentered her house, slamming the door shut with her foot, since her arms were laden with groceries. It's been a hard night for her, but regardless, she needed to buy groceries in order to eat, since she was out of supplies. Not that she was out living the night life or anything, Sarah's not that kinda girl, more of the hipster artsy type with an art stream that pulls in good donations at times. Last night was the result of her not having a lot of spending cash to buy a new game she wanted, she attempted to pull in some more donations with a 24-hour request stream marathon. It was rough for her, since she already has sleeping issues.

She walked into her kitchen to put the groceries away and was annoyedly startled when she was yanked backwards. Her cute cat she named Potato was attempting to climb up her baggy jeans and pullover hoodie to see what goodies her owner has given her. Being of frail stature of 5'4 and barely any meat than a pudge around her middle and keister, she almost fell backwards on top of the poor furball. Sarah juggled what she could, tossing Potato down lightly onto the ground while she continued to put everything away. After doing a juggling act of pantry food, cat food, and cat, she sighed and brushed her pixie cut purple dyed hair away from her round blushed face.

Once again, Sarah was set upon by the case of the yawns, as she started aching for a bed, but her fingers itch in saying that she feels like she could go another hour of art streaming. At the very least, she can do that for everyone as a little break session to tell everyone that she needs a long sleep after last time, being a 24 hour streaming session for charity, especially since she missed two hours of it not doing anything but spacing out for some reason. So, despite the need for sleep, she went to her room after wolfing down a recently bought doughnut for energy, locked the little hairy troublemaker on the outside of her room, lest Potato steal her tablet pen again, and got into her PJ's before she set up the stream, putting up a message on her phone that she'll go live in a minute.

Sarah O'Connelly was not a very proud girl, her small stature, her lack of chest altogether and the pudgy midsection on her otherwise thin frame made her just uneasy, so she hid her body away under some nice flannel PJ pants, and keeping a tank on under her hoodie with her shoulder length blonde hair lazily tied back into a ponytail. She went over to her PC, fired it up from sleep (muttering something about an apology to the poor thing), and went over to her browser, only to find it moved over a couple spaces on the desktop. In its place was some kind of application that she didn't recognise.

It looked somewhat odd, named "Comment Mstr", with an icon that looks like a tiny text box with pixilated mock-text with hearts around it. Sarah was wary of it, and brought up it's details, and found a note in a description box with it. "Thank you for becoming an applicant to our new line of software of MPC. With this new system, we plan on marketing towards the people whom love streaming and need donations. With this program, it will overlay with any chat or donation window that you have on your system, then will give you just what the person wants at full, 100% value. Please enjoy."

Now Sarah was interested, and found that yes, from her browser history, she did sign up to some weird program, and it seems at some point during the marathon too. From the description, she can guess that it's some kind of subtle code that'll make it so that it'll sneakily give her a larger percentage donation somehow from streams done. However it worked, she had to at least see what it could do, so she booted it up, and all that came up was a window that popped up, declaring the program running.

Shrugging, Sarah minimized it, and went into her art streaming account, and setting up everything, mic, cam, art program, check check check. With that, she brought up the chat and donation windows on the other smaller monitor over to the side, and noticed that there was now an icon on the top left of the donation box. Guess that means it's running for that chat, Sarah reasons, and starts up the stream.

Sarah waves from the little window on the screen in the corner, and says her greetings sleepily, "Hey dudes, it's Potato-Lassie here. Sorry, but unfortunately, this one's going to be short, just to make up for lost hours I noticed in my twenty four hour marathon yesterday, and I'm really tired, so I'm just going to be sketching some things the donators send my way, but I'll be back when I catch back up on my poor sleep..." And the comments were starting to fill up with messages of hoping she'll feel better, and what kind of bugged her was a certain member that she thought she temporarily timed out a while back was in there. She had a complicated relationship with "3Sinny-Nosnopes", since they apparently were quite rich, and made sure to give decent donations, but commented with sexist replies about how she wasn't sexy enough to get in big-time viewer numbers, and should slut it up a lot more, like "you'd get a lot more money if you show off ;D" and other such helpful tips...Though such comments are usually more jokes to get her annoyed, since she does talk to him offline as someone to talk shit to each other with when she's bored, so at least having him around was of some value. Monetarily or otherwise.

Still, Sinny did donate well, and got his own personal direct chat with her if he pulled in a donation amount that stream. (Mostly it's to stop his donation messages showing up, forcing her to read it out loud.)

*Blip* "Oop, first donation from 'Happy-Sax' with $5, what does it say...?" As Sarah scanned the message, she read it aloud, "'Hey Sarah,'" (While people know her for her screen name, she is also called by her normal name, too) "'Last night sounds pretty rough, I wasn't there for it, and sad I missed it. Do get better fast.' Thank you, Happy-Sax, I hope I get bett-" But before she could finish her sentence, suddenly she felt wide awake, and filled with energy. She glanced around confusedly, shifting her body around for any aches, but found none, and responded, "Umm, I guess I feel a deal better than I thought. Um, okay, I'll start sketching something, and you guys send some donations on what you want me to draw."

So what comes next in the stream?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)